• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What has happened to the snowcats??????????

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Used to be we were bombarded by all the snowcat info that was to be had here???? All the joys of bragging who the best is was will be????? What Happened to the Snot tracks, Krusties, Pimps, Stuck Tuckers, Little red thingies, Slow masters, Lame tracks, Poooba, Brokewells, And Slombies. ANY SNOWCAT PEOPLE OUT THERE?????????????? Well we could go for a good real world restore anyone out there????????????????????????????????????? Heck I would even settle for a Krispy restore job right now!!!!!!!!

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
hey now...

There will be yet again pictures and video of Kristis in the snow this season.

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
You are going to have to show me some???? Was there some in the snow last winter???? Parked in the snow that is...................

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, well, ok, the one picture I posted last winter was of a KT-2 'parked' in the snow...on a trailer, due to mekanimichal diffimiculties. This year it will be operated in/over the snow...without the trailer. Count on it.

P2010099.jpg

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Cool can I get a ride??????????????????????

No.

Well, maybe, if you bring the wife and 'kids'.

Bob you really are the Krusty King!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only while BigA isn't around. When he shows up, I gotta get off the throne real quick before he sees me there....and re-stock the TP roll. :rolleyes:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes , things have changed . I too miss the good ole days of insulting the less fortunate snowcat owners who do not own a Kristi . I have been away for awhile but while I was gone I allowed the KT7 Yetti to be used for STUD service to another female Kristi snowcat .
As many here do not know , It takes about 8 months for a kristi to be fully developed in the womb . Birth annoucements will be sent out at the proper time .

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
awe bring her up to WY and try some of that DEEP powder we are getting alot of cats in the area I would bet we could arrange a get together!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
California , nursing a broken right shoulder :sad: . No hunting this year :sad: .Going to try and hitch a ride back to ID. tomorrow for about 15 days. Can't do crap while the guys hunt ,but I can watch it all from from the deck and drink Dr. Rums :w00t2:.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think we are all just waiting for snowcat season. I've actually noticed an uptick in snowcat posting lately, it seems to slow down every summer and then pick back up late in the year.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
winter is comming here soon i have snow on the hill tops and ice on the puddles so my snow trac will be out in full force i will keep you all up to date and you wont see it on a trailer the beauty of living in bush ak is you can leave from your back yard so expect vidios and pics 100 miles south of the arctic circle to the arctic circle as i go hunting and exploreing

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i might also add i found out about another st-4 sitting inside of a building with only 140 hours on the clock i guess some kids got in and busted out the glass and poured sand into the crank case but it hasnt been started since it was put away if i can strike a deal will be making a 400 mile round trip to go fetch it

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about the shoulder BigAL...... heading east bird hunting later this week through the snow in Montana to Minnesota to deliver a couple PassePartouts

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
My two snotracs have had a little trundle into the barn - one from the Norsebox as it had been to rallies, the other is waiting for work to make it beautiful, but it runs so it had a little exercise - difficult as the last owner broke the seat from its moorings which makes driving it exciting! Needs a new floor before the seat is put back. Doesn't have a respectable canvas either and it isn't even good enough for a pattern for a new one - ah, such is life! I bet I won't get any snow this winter either, didn't get much last year with one snowtrac and with two snowtracs, I don't have a hope!

mattfidaho

My two snotracs have had a little trundle into the barn - one from the Norsebox as it had been to rallies, the other is waiting for work to make it beautiful, but it runs so it had a little exercise - difficult as the last owner broke the seat from its moorings which makes driving it exciting! Needs a new floor before the seat is put back. Doesn't have a respectable canvas either and it isn't even good enough for a pattern for a new one - ah, such is life! I bet I won't get any snow this winter either, didn't get much last year with one snowtrac and with two snowtracs, I don't have a hope!

take lots of pics so we can enjoy the restore on her!!!!

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
this is my first year and I can take almost any insult with a smile.
Just finished welding my aluminum bed and adding new springs with Timbren airless bags.
5.jpg

15.jpg

timbren.jpg

Jim

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
SWEET SETUP!!!!!!!!!!! Hows the truck handle with the Bombi on the back????

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yea, I thought I would start out small, like everything else.
Haven't had it on the paved roads yet. Only driven around the farm so far and it seems to carry it fine. Bitch to load so I am installing a winch on the truck bed. Hope it works .If not I'll have a new winch for the bombi.
jim

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
California , nursing a broken right shoulder :sad: . No hunting this year :sad: .Going to try and hitch a ride back to ID. tomorrow for about 15 days. Can't do crap while the guys hunt ,but I can watch it all from from the deck and drink Dr. Rums :w00t2:.
What? now how did that happen?
Feel better Al..:flowers:

snowbird

Good pictures! I'd not thought of modifying my 1-ton crew cab pickup to transport my Snowcat. I guess I could maybe copy your ideas and avoid having to build a trailer. I'm not sure how much snow we'll get this winter (flurries forecast for this weekend), so I might need to travel a ways to get to the white stuff.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, if it's any consolation, I just finished loading up a Bum-ba-deer BR160 onto a foat trailer to head out for pre-season servicing and maintenance.

Not a big fan of that thing, by any means. It's got the perkins diesel engine and is a pain in the butt to start right now. It turns over but won't fire without using ether. Not once have I had to use ether on the Lamtrac to get it going. Makes it a pain since we didn't have any out at the garage so I had to rush back to town before the local parts place closed to pick up a can. She fired right up after a quick squirt into the air breather. Hope the guys working on it will get that problem fixed.

Another issue I have with that machine is that it's way underpowered compared to the Lamtrac. I've been out in the Lamtrac following behind that machine and could practically run circles around it with a drag full of snow on behind me. And it wasn't pulling a drag at the time.

Climbing up hills with a drag full of snow......I'll take the Lamtrac any day. The Lamtrac has the same cummins engine that's found in the Tuckers of the same size machine.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
your perkins may still be under powered after the engine is fixed we had one up here this summer doing some drillingand steering manuvers would drag the engine down pretty good as to starting with starting fluid take a look at air getting into the system after shut down fuel delivery problems such as bad lift pumps and air leaks will make it hard to start and gutlas and check out compression diesels need 300psi or better low conperssioncan be engine wear or bent rodds from too much either it will hydro lock when cranking and i have seen running 2 cycke detroits with rodds that look like bannas

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am still working the bugs out of my flatbed. I put the brakes on as I was tipping forward to go down the ramps. Jim
DSC03103.jpg