• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2 meter for my jeep

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i wanted to mount my icom v 8000 into my jeep but the old rig isn't very weather proof so my solution was to mount it into an ammo can so i could close up the top at nght and improvise a quick detach mount so i can move it to a higher location for deep water crossings next step is to mount a diamond n22 to the jeep so i can get the most of my 75 watts

Attachments

• v8000 install 001.jpg
    v8000 install 001.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 177
  • v8000 install 002.jpg
    v8000 install 002.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 177
  • v8000 install 003.jpg
    v8000 install 003.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 176
  • v8000 install 004.jpg
    v8000 install 004.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 179

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That looks good . are you getting much noise from the jeep?
Jim

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
the oem mic sucked sounded like a cb could hear the kids playing grab ass accross the room the hm154 t mic is a comercial mic produces good clean noise free fm audio just costed me an extra 80 bucks

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
dds,

What kind of range does this radio in your jeep have? 75 watts ought to get somewhere!

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
once i get around to installing the same colinner antenna the snow trac has a range of about 25 miles on flaat ground for a full quieting signal should be expected when it comes to repeater access it will all depend on location the higher the repeater the larger the antenna horizion will be the db gain isotropic of an antenna can be used to figure out wht the effective raidated power of your system will be the nl22 antenna i'm going to install will have 6 db gain using the formula of 3 dbi doubles your power at 6 dbi i can multiply 75 watts by 4 which gives me an effective radiated power of 300 watts the 5/8 mag mount i have now is just 3 dbi and makes my transmitter about the same as a 150 watt transmitter a diapole antennna will do about 2.2 dbi and the diapole is the base antenna used for compairison gain called dbd. remember 2 meter is a verry short wave lenghth and will not propagate well with sky wave and will be affected by buildings and terrain which is why its normaly used with a repeater system