• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2005 Tucker 2000XL Federal Surplus

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I missed that little gem.

I have some steel tracks that would fit right on there

I have no visions of anything on the internet anything more than entertainment, you were supposed to get a visual of us going in circles with only one rowing........

as much as i hate "call for pricing", i appreciate the fact that they list the condition openly.

I totally agree with your opinion on the "call for pricing" concept (Sno Trans does this with every machine). Why not just list the price? And a seller disclosing up front that a machine has issues is a very good thing and gives a buyer a felling of seller integrity. I wonder how "Monster Jeff" would describe the machine if he were selling it? Maybe "tracks have many years left before replacement is necessary"...

Perhaps you could acquire an otherwise not-worth-a-whole-lot Tucker at a very reasonable price, re-equip it with your extra steel tracks, and re sell it as a fully functioning Tucker?

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Jeff told me the 49RE was a modified 47RE. They had issues.

Thanks PJL,

That's interesting, though I confess not surprising to me (I'm not a Chrysler fan).

Scott and I had the opportunity to demo a Tucker 2000 XL in 2018. It was an incredible experience, and if you ever have the chance: DO IT, you won't regret it (though you may start lusting after a new Tucker). Unfortunately, 2018 was perhaps the worst year I can remember as far as snowfall amounts. That machine had a...wait for it...Allison transmission!

Interestingly, if you go to the Tucker website and look at the 2000XL machine, some of the photos were ones I took that day. Here's one they didn't use, with Jeff Godard (a fantastically nice guy) on the right and Scott (aka: "The Gorilla") on the left.

IMG_1373.jpg