• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Everything Tucker Adventures

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
After a few years of two tracking, we decided to purchase a 1969 Tucker 544A for our next adventures. Thanks to a great friend that "dabbles" [emoji12] in Tuckers a bit, we were able to purchase one that fits our needs perfectly. With the unique feature of a vista cruiser cab, we have the ability to comfortably invite friends along as well as carry a significant load of cargo that stays dry.

I'm sure many have seen this cat around over the years, but it's completely new to us.
We had the first opportunity to take it out this past Saturday near Mt. Baker, Wa.

The shakedown run was a complete success. The Chevy 283 ran like a top and we were able to run about 15 miles on the snow. After a short road run, we detoured off the beaten path into the trees and fields. The terrain was very uneven and the snow was really deep. At one point, I jumped out to take some pictures and sunk over my belt in the snow. The steel tracks double nicely as ladder rungs to get back up on the pontoons.

Comparing it to our previous cat, my first impression was "effortless".

I was not fully prepared for how smooth and controllable the Tucker was is the deep snow.

I plan to share our families Tucker adventures and expiriences here and would love for others too as well. Cheers!

https://vimeo.com/155565003
56f8767bc548c3de40e22ffb3d6b7f3b.jpg

Last edited:

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for sharing. Video always is great when the cats are out.

Have the chevy 283 in my 68 442 A. Purrs loads of power and idles along most times. Parts everywhere for them.

I converted to a MSD electronic ignition. Fires off real quick now no points to mess with. I have the stock distributor with a crane cams points conversion you can have if you want to get rid of the points should they still be on it.

Curious about your front trunion setup under the motor as well. Does it bolt up the frame or welded in part of?

Happy Tuckering!

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
Thanks for sharing. Video always is great when the cats are out.

Have the chevy 283 in my 68 442 A. Purrs loads of power and idles along most times. Parts everywhere for them.

I converted to a MSD electronic ignition. Fires off real quick now no points to mess with. I have the stock distributor with a crane cams points conversion you can have if you want to get rid of the points should they still be on it.

Curious about your front trunion setup under the motor as well. Does it bolt up the frame or welded in part of?

Happy Tuckering!
I'll likely convert to MSD as well in time. So far points are working well and have spares. I need to take a look under the front trunion tonight before I can accurately answer your question.

Last night we eliminated all the exhaust clamps and leaks. Everything is fully welded and supported. So much quieter!
782b486f61974cb83bdba6df6b391497.jpg

d23f1b968a496073b8106a34729590aa.jpg

After a few years of two tracking, we decided to purchase a 1969 Tucker 544A for our next adventures. Thanks to a great friend that "dabbles" [emoji12] in Tuckers a bit, we were able to purchase one that fits our needs perfectly. With the unique feature of a vista cruiser cab, we have the ability to comfortably invite friends along as well as carry a significant load of cargo that stays dry.

I'm sure many have seen this cat around over the years, but it's completely new to us.
We had the first opportunity to take it out this past Saturday near Mt. Baker, Wa.

The shakedown run was a complete success. The Chevy 283 ran like a top and we were able to run about 15 miles on the snow. After a short road run, we detoured off the beaten path into the trees and fields. The terrain was very uneven and the snow was really deep. At one point, I jumped out to take some pictures and sunk over my belt in the snow. The steel tracks double nicely as ladder rungs to get back up on the pontoons.

Comparing it to our previous cat, my first impression was "effortless".

I was not fully prepared for how smooth and controllable the Tucker was is the deep snow.

I plan to share our families Tucker adventures and expiriences here and would love for others too as well. Cheers!

https://vimeo.com/155565003
56f8767bc548c3de40e22ffb3d6b7f3b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk