• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Going To Kansas City

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Or I should say I went to Kansas City. I've been there for the past week and finally got back to home sweet home last night. A very successful trip and had a little time to see some sights. I was with a group of IT folks. Unfortunately there was no time to offer a hook up to those in or around KC.

I had never been to Kansas City, or set foot in the state of Missouri or Kansas until this trip. We had time to visit the power and light district, the WWI memorial, Jacks and a couple other BBQ places, and the KC Chiefs and Royals Stadium (they are side by side).

All were fun to visit. KC impressed me as a place I would enjoy going back to just to visit and get to know better. Minor downsides were the freeway layout in that in the downtown area you often merge from the left and always have to cross 3 or 4 lanes to the right to get your exit in less than 1/10th of a mile. No biggie but it takes some getting used to. The airport terminal we were in was small and seemed dirty. Terminal C. Yuck. The only down side to a great trip overall.

Just wanted to let yall know I'd been there. If I end up going back, which is a good possibility, I hope to have time to announce it ahead of time so that we might have time for a hook up or two.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I like KC. Have family there. If you were at Royals Stadium you were just a few miles from my grandparents house in Independence.

While I agree with your concerns about their interstate highways, the city is remarkable easy to navigate because they have so many miles of interstate compacted downtown. The burbs sprawl out for miles in all directions. It is a very vibrant metro with a stable economy.

Next time, give a holler, KC Missouri is only 3 hours drive across the state. And I go their often.