• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Obama goes to Iowa: Trip failure times 3

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
On a normal campaign visit to the state of Iowa our President had a few problems. 3 days in the state and 3 campaign failures. Something tells me some of his campaign lead people are in trouble. :ermm:

DAY 1: Mr Obama visits the State Fair
Obama visited the Iowa State Fair so he could see the fairgrounds’ famous Bud Tent for beers. A great photo-op was set up; Obama buys a round for beer-drinking buddies who can chortle “four more beers!”

But wait; Mike Cunningham II, the third-generation owner, was not happy; the tent had to undergo a full Secret Service sweep of the area, which meant he was out of business for two hours, costing him roughly $25,000 in revenue, which Cunningham called making a “campaign contribution against my will. I wouldn’t have voted for him before. I won’t again.
Apparently the local media picked up on the anger of Mr Cunningham and that became a bigger story than Mr Obama. Obama wasting other people’s money for a photo-op? Who’d dream of such a thing?

DAY 2: Our President visits a "Wind Farm" in central Iowa
Obama wanted to highlight his support for tax credits for the wind energy industry, which Mitt Romney opposes. Another great photo-op? Well…

Jeff Heil, the owner of the farm, and his son Jarret, who is a registered Republican and former staffer for Sen. Chuck Grassley, quietly stated they weren’t voting for Obama either: “It is important to not get caught up in the president's glamorous re-election words and remember President Obama's first term record and rhetoric do not represent Middle America, entrepreneurs, small business owners and farmers,” Jarret Heil said.
I guess you could call that strike 2 for the campaign's advance team?

DAY 3: Davenport Campaign Caterer Steals the Show
. . . catered by the Village Corner Deli, the Deli’s owner, Ross Murty, wore a black T-shirt with big, bold white letters that read, “Government didn’t build my business. I did.
Oops, turned out that Mr Murty's photo was taken by someone in the media and that picture ran nationwide, along with the story about his opposition to President Obama.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Three strikes you're out, Mr. Soetoro. :yum: Our "esteemed"president wasting other people's money. How original is that?