• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

trivia 1/13

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
trivia 1/13
DID YOU KNOW...
In numerology, the number twelve is considered the number of completeness, as reflected in the twelve months of the year, twelve hours of the clock, twelve gods of Olympus, twelve tribes of Israel, twelve Apostles of Jesus, the 12 Descendants of Muhammad Imams, etc., whereas the number thirteen was considered irregular, transgressing this completeness.
There is also a superstition, thought by some to derive from the Last Supper or a Norse myth, that having thirteen people seated at a table will result in the death of one of the diners.
Friday has been considered an unlucky day at least since the 14th century's The Canterbury Tales,and many other professions have regarded Friday as an unlucky day to undertake journeys or begin new projects. Black Friday has been associated with stock market crashes and other disasters since the 1800s.

1. "Diamond Dogs" was a successful single (and album) for which artist in 1974?
2. If I am walking down the Spanish steps, I am in what city?
3. What private research university is more famously known as MIT?
4. Which country, surrounded by the North Sea, Baltic Sea and shares a border with Germany, is the home of the Lego building blocks Group?
5. What is the language of origin of the writing abbreviation "e.g."?
6. Which Stephen King novel involves a Micmac Indian burial ground which brings the dead back to life?
7. Adolph Hitler and Eva Braun had a pet dog. Do you recall her name ?
8. The Azores are a part of what country ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
“Iwo Jima” translates to “Island of Harmony” in English..
1. David Bowie
2. Rome
3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
4. Denmark
5. Latin
6. Pet Sematary
7. Blondi
8. Portugal
CRAP !!
It translates to “Sulfur Island”. It is a volcanic of hot springs and mud pits.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
3, 4, 5, 6 & T/C.
I "guessed" Vatican city for 2. Is that close enough?

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
sorry Zoomer;
Rome is....well......Rome !

800px-Spanishstepsarp.jpg

No Vatican in sight !

3_12_31.gif

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's behind the guy taking the picture ;-)

No problem. It was just a guess on my part.

What I want to know is who's the cutie on the stairs?

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
you got G-O-O-D vision, Amigo...............

Bad memories seeing those steps.
I left a whole bunch of partially digested Sambuca and pasta on those steps in 1965........... my "Drunken Sailor" era...........

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I got 2, 3, 4, 5 and 8.

JK, it must have been the pasta. It's a well known fact that Sambuca never hurt anyone. :biggrin::biggrin: