• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

trivia 12/19

JenKennings

Occupant; CatBird Seat
SUPER Site Supporter
trivia 12/19
DID YOU KNOW...
Canada has more lakes than the rest of the world combined. Canada is an Indian word meaning ' Big Village.'

1. Name the bay that's famous for having the world's highest twice-daily tide, at 53 feet.
2. Aventine, Capitoline, and Palatine are all names of... what?
3. Who was the last person to win a "Best Actor" Oscar two years in a row?
4. What is the State of Hawaii's largest island?
5. Can you name the fictional little league team that was sponsored by Chico's Bail
Bonds?
6. Speaking of Baseball, how many regular-season games are played by the major league
teams?
7. Oswald Cobblepot is the real name of which of Batman's protagonists?
8. Which is thicker, a nickel or a quarter?

TRUTH OR CRAP ??
Sixty percent of the world's ice covers Antarctica.
1. BAY OF FUNDY, NOVA SCOTIA
2. HILLS OF ROME
3. TOM HANKS
4. Hawaii
5. THE BAD NEWS BEARS
6. 162
7. THE PENGUIN
8. the nickel
CRAP !!
NINETY percent of the world's ice covers Antarctica. This ice also represents seventy percent of all the fresh water in the world. As strange as it sounds, however, Antarctica is essentially a desert. The average yearly total precipitation is about two inches Although covered with ice (all but 0.4% of it is ice.),
Antarctica is the driest place on the planet, with an absolute humidity lower than the Gobi desert.
Antarctica is the only land on our planet that is not owned by any country.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
This was one of those near miss ones.

I got 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7. I'll admit that #5 and #7 were semi-guesses but I missed #6 by 2 games.