• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SCORE!

dzalphakilo

Banned
10 SEER heat pump, NEW in the box with factory warranty along with a new 17.5" wide coil (factory ARI matched) that will fit over that Trane furnace down in the basement.

All for less than a Bersa .380

Duel fuel system coming up:D

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I just won one:clap:

American Woman

Site Supporter
10 SEER heat pump, NEW in the box with factory warranty along with a new 17.5" wide coil (factory ARI matched) that will fit over that Trane furnace down in the basement.

All for less than a Bersa .380

Duel fuel system coming up:D

Sometimes you do win, sometimes you lose. I just won one:clap:
What ever this is you sound excited, and I'm happy for you! :thumb:
All I understood was it's a heat pump, and the rest sounded like you were typing underwater :ermm:

dzalphakilo

Banned
My general point was I found a "new in the box" central heat pump system for less than you would pay for a window air conditioner.

Duel fuel is a term for using a heat pump with a gas furnace. You use the heat pump for A/C and heat, and when the temperature falls below, say 40 degrees, instead of using the heat pump (or strip heats) for "emergency heat" you can use the existing gas furnace for heat. Best of both worlds and what I'll save on propane, will pay for the system in less than a N.C "winter".

Due to federal regulations, 10 SEER equipment is no longer made (13 SEER minimum) and for the most part, you can't find new in the box 10 SEER equipment. By chance, even if you could, people now tend to charge three to four times what the equipment was originally worth due to the ability to connect it to an existing indoor 10 SEER coil or air handler.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Duel fuel is a term for using a heat pump with a gas furnace. You use the heat pump for A/C and heat, and when the temperature falls below, say 40 degrees, instead of using the heat pump (or strip heats) for "emergency heat" you can use the existing gas furnace for heat. Best of both worlds and what I'll save on propane, will pay for the system in less than a N.C "winter".

Our downstairs heat pump failed 2 winters ago and we installed a heat pump/propane system. It didn't save quite as much on heating costs as they predicted but we are a lot more comfortable. That's probably because we kept the house pretty cool to keep the electric meter from spinning out of it's socket! It saves some on cooling too. I think it is a 13 seer that replaced whatever was cheapest when the place was built 15 years ago.

Jim

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
So, since I burn a wood fireplace along with the LPG furnace, does that mean I have a dual fuel system, too?

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
wood's a great heat source! FAR, FAR more efficient than it gets credit for. Just think - you get hot cutting it up, splitting it, stacking it, moving it into the house, then burning it -- that's at least 5 heat cycles per log!