• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What to do in the St. Paul, MN area .....

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I should have my head examined for accepting work up there at this time of year but I wasn't thinking about that 2 months ago when I accepted the work. Staying through a weekend with no football on so what's to do up yonder?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
There should be an ice festival somewhere....:whistling: Going to be cold as hell this weekend up there.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
1. Freeze
2. Leave
3. Get drunk
4. Get laid (remember the paper bag)
5. Overeat
6. Learn to crochet or knit.
7. Pray that the sun will appear to lessen the depression

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you might attend a local fight and a hockey game could get started ,also now might be a good time to explore the fun of ice fishing, I here those shacks are full of beer so even if you don't catch a fish you can still catch a buzz.

grizzer

Look put the airplane window coming in. On approach to MSP is Lake Nokomis hosting the world famous pond hockey tournament this weekend.

If East downtown, the metrodome re Vikings home is being deflated pending building demolition.

If West downtown & NE across mississippi find any number of brewpubs. They specialize in microbrew beer with onsite consumption.

Motorcycle show at the convention center this weekend.

Or you could sit & watch it snow tomorrow. 3-4" expected. Bring your long johns as another arctic blast forming for next week...

grizzer

you might attend a local fight and a hockey game could get started ,also now might be a good time to explore the fun of ice fishing, I here those shacks are full of beer so even if you don't catch a fish you can still catch a buzz.

Caution on those fish shacks as my buddy spear fishes in his. The floor is a trap door. Loose yr balance & you will be swimming with the bait fish... :biggrin:

If the wind is blowing the ice cracking is disturbing to rookies... :yum:

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I would spend the day downtown walking in the skywalk system. Great way to spend an afternoon...

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Look put the airplane window coming in. On approach to MSP is Lake Nokomis hosting the world famous pond hockey tournament this weekend.

If East downtown, the metrodome re Vikings home is being deflated pending building demolition.

If West downtown & NE across mississippi find any number of brewpubs. They specialize in microbrew beer with onsite consumption.

Motorcycle show at the convention center this weekend.

Or you could sit & watch it snow tomorrow. 3-4" expected. Bring your long johns as another arctic blast forming for next week...

If I woulda known there was a motorcycle show this weekend we woulda kept driving today. The misus and I took a drive down to Duluth today to get away. Staying in Duluth tonight then back tomorrow. Was nice. No real reason other then to escape. So we toured the Glensheen mansion and checked out the maritime museum before heading to the hotel to check in. Then we did a little shopping, had some dinner, next on the list is a dip in the hot tub and crawl into a bottle of wine for the night.:wink:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
1. Freeze
2. Leave
3. Get drunk
4. Get laid (remember the paper bag)
5. Overeat
6. Learn to crochet or knit.
7. Pray that the sun will appear to lessen the depression

Hellfire JEV 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 sounded like my life in Scotland before I did #2. :biggrin:

I've never been there but is St Paul really that depressing?