• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Nodwell Flextrac

p kettle

Hi what are Nodwell Flextracs worth I have found a company in the UK that has some for sale and wondered if they are overpriced.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 3,105
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 3,037

Thiokol2track

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I guess it all depends on condition, hours, price to ship,and how bad you want them. Were these used in snow or on sand,bogs,etc?
This one is starting to show some rust on the bottom of the cab,the one I had had a plywood floor and rusted in the same area. They are a good machine!!:snow2_smi:

Do you live in the UK?

p kettle

Nodwell Flextrac fitted with ford petrol engine

Sold in as is condition.

Price £2,250 plus vat 17.5%

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
http://http://www.tahoebasin.com/snowcats/_saleswants/00000194.htm Are these the same Nodwells if they are they have come down in price. a bit Good machines we have two similar here one is tore down for rebuild and the other is together if everything works and depending on condition 3750-5000 as a Buy price gone through we have sold in the 7500.00 range we have parts for most of the nodwells this should have the OC12 Differential

Attachments

• FN25.jpg
    FN25.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 2,958
Last edited:

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
That to me sounds like a good price as long as it is in decent to good running shape. To me the most important things to look at are the grousers first. Then check the belting. If those two items are in good shape move on to the engine and transaxle and or transmission. Check fluid levels and condition of oil. If it runs then start it up and have someone watch the exhaust pipe for smoke at start up. Take it for a spin but not to much. Also those grousers are really aggresive so dont try and steer to much. Just get a feel if it responding correctly. Next check the frame for cracks and hard useage. Is it bent? ect ect. If it looks preety good then I say get it. If the there are problems which any vehicle this age should have some then weigh the work involved to bring it back to good running condition. If that turns out to be more than you want to spend then forget it. If its gonna take more time to fix than what you have. pass it up but take very detailed notes of where the vehicle is and what they were asking for it. Phone numbers phone numbers phone numbers! write all that down. Right now I cannot take on another complete rebuild till after the first one is done. So I have unfortunately passed up some good finds. BUT I have taken on minor refurbishes while I am waiting for my parts from Sweden to arrive. Anyway I think it would be a good buy if it runs and has decent tracks and grousers.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
as a note nodwels are used in the oil fields in both canada and alaska they aer just about as bullet proof as you can get the price you pay is they are heavy and hard on the ground also not the best preformers in the snow but those grousers are awsom snow only though they might grab a little too much on turf or mud .The nodwell os a serious work machine and will move a lot of weight through some nasty conditions.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
i have a nodwell fn 20 i was just wondering if anybody new the dry weight of this unit thanks

FN-20
Weight Basic 5600 pounds
Payload 2000 pounds
Offered in two different track widths 28-36"
Ford 200 Inline 6
4speed Tranny
Speed 27MPH
OC-12 rear end

Terra Flex also made the same unit called a TF-20 Terra Flex was a Division of Bombardier

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
When I found that rare Tucker , another guy that helpped to load it wanted to know if I was interested in a Nodwell . Suppose to be somewhere in the area of La Porte,Calif . I do not know the model or condition but could give a contact number to someone if they are interested .

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Nodwell in the black & white photo on post #3 looks like it's using Thiokol A-Model grousers. Looks sharp that way.

makintracks

Hello all I am new to the track machines, I just bought one for my husband. I am having a hard time finding any infomation, parts or basically anything on it. It is a 1974 flex track nodwell FN 10, that is in pristine condition. I was wanting to get spare parts and a manual for it. I will attach some pictures of it, and thank you in advance if you are able to help me out.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
makintracks,:smile:

Dang he must have been a very good boy!!!! My wife hasn't done any thing close to this...... Man toys for the boys!:brows: gotta love woman who really understands us men...

So what is he going to get you for this?:wink: Or do you have that in mind already..............:whistling:

You are a very nice lady and I have not even met you!!

Our member Boogie at Minnisota outdoors can help you out, he has Nordwell parts, and perhaps some manuals, maybe....

Hopefully he will be along soon. But I think you should start a new thread on this one....Some times members see the thousands of veiws of an old post like this one and may skip over this. SO a new thread is always a good idea. This one started out in 2007, or 5 years ago.

Best regards, Kirk