• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

10 tooth Bombardier Bombi sprockets...?

Your best bet is to find an Ford Industrial Parts supplier. The 1.6(98 CID) in the Bombi is an industrial ford motor and while similar to the Pinto version is somewhat different. I would do a Google search and see where the closest dealer is to you.

The model of the Bombi engine is a KSG-416(98 CID). The starter is a Lucas # 71BB-11000-EA or a 75AB-11000-AA/BA or a 71BB-11000-JA according to my manuals.

What happened to your old starter? If you still have it I would recommend you take it to a shop that specializes in starter overhauls (Not NAPA!!) and see if they can rebuild it for you.

I have the complete manual set for the Bombi and the engine if you have any more questions.

Randy

the old trucker

looking for a starter for a bombi ford 1600 motor does anyone know what type it is or who makes it

Are you located on the west coast of the island ?? If so, try Doug's Auto Electric in Corner Brook. Ph # 1-(709) 634-1881...

They do all starters & altenators.

OT.

nlbombi

Your best bet is to find an Ford Industrial Parts supplier. The 1.6(98 CID) in the Bombi is an industrial ford motor and while similar to the Pinto version is somewhat different. I would do a Google search and see where the closest dealer is to you.

The model of the Bombi engine is a KSG-416(98 CID). The starter is a Lucas # 71BB-11000-EA or a 75AB-11000-AA/BA or a 71BB-11000-JA according to my manuals.

What happened to your old starter? If you still have it I would recommend you take it to a shop that specializes in starter overhauls (Not NAPA!!) and see if they can rebuild it for you.

I have the complete manual set for the Bombi and the engine if you have any more questions.

Randy
thanks do much really appreciate the info will get right on it damian

bombthebest

Yes guys,:whistling: i am still alive!...
I've been working on that project cat for 3 years now, (took summers off tho), and it looks like i will give it it's first runs this comming winter :clap:.

I had a machine shop cut me custom 10 tooth UHM plastic sprockets,
the cab is 90% ready, engine, static pumps and traction motors all ok.

Left to do is some fine tuning of the air suspensions, control systems,
and priming the frame so it does not rust on first outing.

Yes-yes, i know,:nopics:

I want to take picts of it outside, on snow. It is still shy of showing
itself now :yum:...

Snowgoof

That's OK if it is still in the shop. We love shop picks and to see it in the making. Glad to see you are getting it done. That is a long project. I have not been able to do much on my snowcat or the snowcat bike. I talked to you a bit about it a while back.
Look forward to seeing yours!!