• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Perplexed on Imp model?

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm looking at an Imp and the S/N plate says its a 1404 WT, which I firmly believe. However, the title has it as a 1979 DMC with a completely different S/N. Did DMC even continue the 1404 line? To add to the confusion, Petersen Equip has the S/N record as a 1975 model 1404, but with front and rear hydros (which this cat DOES NOT have). Anybody have any insight?

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am a bit of a optimistic cynic, so take this with a grain of salt.

There are people that follow the rules and there are people that interpret them as written.

I am the later.
More than likely some one needed a title for what ever reason. said person created one. (is 79' a little early for DMC?)

Hydraulics on a machine are excess weight to a person who does not need them. easily removed is my point.

I can bounce your question off a parts guy I know local to me, He was behind the parts counter into the 90's in stevens point WI dealer. chatting with (dave ) is like chatting with wikipedia.

I would go with your first comment its a 75 WT.... But who knows right?

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
I am a bit of a optimistic cynic, so take this with a grain of salt.

There are people that follow the rules and there are people that interpret them as written.

I am the later.
More than likely some one needed a title for what ever reason. said person created one. (is 79' a little early for DMC?)

Hydraulics on a machine are excess weight to a person who does not need them. easily removed is my point.

I can bounce your question off a parts guy I know local to me, He was behind the parts counter into the 90's in stevens point WI dealer. chatting with (dave ) is like chatting with wikipedia.

I would go with your first comment its a 75 WT.... But who knows right?

Yeah in the end what I am looking for is a solid machine. But I have to question the questionable. It appears the title has changed hands many times over the years between Colorado and Utah. I believe '78/79 would be right for a DMC as far as timeframe. But the fact is the S/N plate says Thiokol, and I don't believe DMC continued the 1404 line (?). My best guess is that the State did not have "Thiokol 1404" in their database, so they went with the next closest thing which was a DMC. However ---- that still does not explain the mis-matched serial numbers. Maybe someone had multiple cats and they just grabbed the wrong title somewhere along the line...

Very conflustering!