• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

First

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
I own agricultural land, and I love rural living!

(Now do I get points?)

Dave

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
What's this point stuff that everyone keeps talking about? Did I miss something again?? Lost in forumsforums.com

murph

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Murph,
It's new to most of us. It is called reputation points. Every member has the power to give or take points from another member. You click on the scales in the upper right hand corner of all posts. Then a pop up box will appear and you can approve or disapprove of that post and comment as to why (if you wish, no comment required).
Each click from most users is 1 point (clicks from me or Junk are worth a tad more). So it is a slow process. If you hold your mouse over the green cylinder directly under "Posts: 102" in any of your posts it will tell you what reputation rating you are at. Just about everyone is "on the distinguished road" which means you have between 10 and 50 rep points.
Once you've given a rep point to someone, you cannot give them another rep point until you've given (or taken away) points from 3 other users. This setting used to be much higher, but I've recently lowered it to 3 for now.