• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I suddenly feel very old :(

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Doctors appointment this afternoon.

When I checked in the receptionist smiled at me and said I looked just like her grandfather. :whistling:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lol. How do you think I feel in church on sunday when the minister tells everyone to stand up and me and about 4 other old ladies in their 90s remain seating.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Lol. How do you think I feel in church on sunday when the minister tells everyone to stand up and me and about 4 other old ladies in their 90s remain seating.

:yum: :yum: er I mean maybe she needs glasses. :yum:

I just can't understand why she thinks I look like Granddad. Would being almost 70, limping around on a cane, and visiting my Cardioligist to get my pacemaker checked have anything to do with it?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Quit complaining... until she says you look like her grandmother. ;)

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Quite a few eating establishments offer a 10% discount to seniors over 65. I never ask for the discount, they just look at me and take 10% off.Been getting discounts for almost 5 years now. I'm only 60.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I've embraced the fact of getting old and I have to say it does not bother me very much at all.

I started cheating on the senior citizen discounts when I was in my mid 50's because of my grey hair. :yum: Now, I don't have to lie any more. :yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Its when your doctor is doing a complete physical examination on you and says he has to check out your nuts so you roll up your pant leg to just below the knee that you should start worrying about being old. Lmao.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
This reminds me of my cardiologist back in November. After a day of tests, stress tests and Lord only knows what kind of shit, he comes in and asks me if I want the good news or the bad news first.

I say, "The good news"

He says, "Everything is wide open and pumping great, no blockages and I guarantee that you'll live to at least the end of the month".

I say, "And the bad news is?".

His answer, "Today is the 29th".

God, I hate that smart ass. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

To Jim, if my doctor's receptionist had said that to me I would have told her that I'm about to do what her grand daddy should have done and reached across the desk and slapped the shit out of her. :)

MrLiberty

Bronze Member
Site Supporter
This reminds me of my cardiologist back in November. After a day of tests, stress tests and Lord only knows what kind of shit, he comes in and asks me if I want the good news or the bad news first.

I say, "The good news"

He says, "Everything is wide open and pumping great, no blockages and I guarantee that you'll live to at least the end of the month".

I say, "And the bad news is?".

His answer, "Today is the 29th".

God, I hate that smart ass. :hammer::hammer::hammer:

To Jim, if my doctor's receptionist had said that to me I would have told her that I'm about to do what her grand daddy should have done and reached across the desk and slapped the shit out of her. :)

Depending on the receptionist, I might have asked if she wanted to sit on grandpas lap.......:yum:

WHOO HOO :boobies::boobies::boobies: