• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Late Night on FF

BoneheadNW

I had to work part of a shift last night and after getting back from a call, I decided to tune in to FF to see what was happening (my shifts are normally only during the day). Well at 11:30 pacific time, I saw several people on, including Sushi, Pirate Girl (I think), and California. So who else enjoys FF into the late night/early morning hours?
Bone

jbrumberg

I am probably snoring and drooling somewhere in the house around 10:00 PM (EST), except when interesting weather events are pending. I am usually tuning in to various sites around 5:00 AM (EST). Jay

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I remember one night in particular that I was on at 3:30 am EST. Vin was on and we talked a bit. One other time I was on from 2 to 3am, but that's about it. I'm not a FF regular at that time of the morning.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Well last night I stayed up till 5am. I just could not get to bed. That is by FAR the latest Ive been on. I usually call it quits at 11pm.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I get here when I can.
Doesn't matter the time of day or night.
OMG.. it's 2:05am eastern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :)

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
Well at 11:30 pacific time, I saw several people on, including Sushi, Pirate Girl (I think), and California. So who else enjoys FF into the late night/early morning hours?
Bone
Is this late enough? (03:15 PST) :)

I turned in at 11 after a loud intense Christmas block party then woke up, wide wake, after 3 hours. I should never have sampled all the weird dishes that people brought to the party.

Normally I'm up as late as 12:30, occasionally as late as 02:00, so you might see me here that late.

At the moment I see 2 members and 14 guests.

Gatorboy

Is this late enough? (03:15 PST)

What's late to some is early to others -- I typically wake up at 4:45a EST (1:45 PST), shower than scan the new threads before heading off to work -- so when some of us are ending our night, others are starting their day.

With worldwide members, some are thinking of lunch when some are ready for bed.

Bulldog1401

Anybody seen my marbles?
SUPER Site Supporter
I own my own business, which means I start at about 07:00 and typically end at 8:30 or 9:00 pm. After supper and a shower, then forums I have a little time for forums forums. Sometimes until 02:00. :pat:

rico304

Gator Boy is right. I started working 11pm - 7am in 1989.
I remember telling a friend that I was bidding off the late shift because I was tired of working nights (after several years of late out). He thought that was a great idea. After telling him the shift I was going to was 6pm-2am he got a weird look and said, "That sounds pretty F _ _ king late to me.":yum:

Goes to show you that my idea of "late" was very different from his.

You might find me searching or lurking at any hour.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I get here when I can and I haven't a clue how to find out who is on and who isn't, plus I also haven't a clue what my time is in relation to everyone elses! Oh dear what a sad person!

daedong

I often browse FF early evening our time when all is quiet, Do I hear someone say "thank god for that.":yum:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I get here when I can and I haven't a clue how to find out who is on and who isn't, plus I also haven't a clue what my time is in relation to everyone elses! Oh dear what a sad person!

Ice Queen,
At the bottom of the forum index page is a list of who all is currently on FF and under that is a list of all who have visited that day. And you'll also see who's birthday it is somewhere near the bottom.
Here's a link:
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/

An easy way to get to that page from anywhere else on the forum is to click on the Forums Forums logo at the top left. It will take you to the same place as the link above.

I'm in the Eastern US time zone so I believe that would make us 5 hours behind your time. So it should be close to lunch time for you, and here I am thinking of having a little breakfast....While California, PB and Bonehead (on our west coast) are all probably still sleeping (I think they are 8 hours behind your time).

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
While California, PB and Bonehead (on our west coast) are all probably still sleeping (I think they are 8 hours behind your time).
Yep. At the bottom of every screen I see 'GMT-8'.

Vin, what does yours show?

daedong

Chris, mine is set at GMT -5. I have not bothered to change it so I have some idea what your time is in the USA

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Doc, thanks for that information. I now know where to look. I am often on here late at night (my time), but sometimes in the am, also my time, so I will have to have a look at times too! Little old ladies take some time to work out these modern, fangled things (computers etc.)