• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Investing in Dover , N.H.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
It is damn tempting ! Many real estate investments I looked at were running a 12% plus retun on investment a year . Not bad . The problem is I will not become a slum lord and rent someone a POS.I was ready to buy an apartment complex that returns about 18% as it sits . After seeing the interior ,I would not rent it to a dog in its current condition. If I was 10 years younger I would have bought it and spent the next year bringing it back up to tip top shape . I'm too old now. Dover has the UNH near by and it is a pretty little town . There is serious money to be made here .

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It is damn tempting ! Many real estate investments I looked at were running a 12% plus retun on investment a year . Not bad . The problem is I will not become a slum lord and rent someone a POS.I was ready to buy an apartment complex that returns about 18% as it sits . After seeing the interior ,I would not rent it to a dog in its current condition. If I was 10 years younger I would have bought it and spent the next year bringing it back up to tip top shape . I'm too old now. Dover has the UNH near by and it is a pretty little town . There is serious money to be made here .

Keep eastern money in mind Al. Serius money to be made? maybe. Serious money to be spent trying,,,,Absolutely.:w00t2:

One cannot fart in Dover NH without paying somebody off.:hammer:

Last edited:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Keep eastern money in mind Al. Serius money to be made? maybe. Serious money to be spent trying,,,,Absolutely.:w00t2:

One cannot fart in Dover NH without paying somebody off.:hammer:

Thats good to know . Thank you ,
I'll say one thing for this area . All the houses sure seem to show a lot of pride in ownership . Simply beautiful :wow:.
I may end up being a landowner yet , but I am going to look around a bit more .
Today we are sitting in Boston and fly home tomorrow . What an amazing town . :wow:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Boston is a great city.

I try to go there every couple of years just to sharpen my defensive driving skills.

I hope you had time to visit Finneal Hall market.

Last edited:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yes we did . Our hotel was 1 block away . What a great place !!! Food was great too!

Arrived home today and my ass is draggin