• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Just torn the crap outta my back !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Holy cow !!! I bent over this afternoon to switch on my Pressure washer to clean my truck after returning from Idaho . Click !!!! That was it ! My back went out and here I sit unable to move . What the hell!!!! I was not doing a damn thing to cause this . Hopefully large doses of Dr. Rums will get me moving again . I cannot believe the knive stabs that are going down my legs !!! 53 years old !!!! I am in my prime !!! No square dancing or Jazzerize tonight !!!:mad:

P

Pigtails

Geez, BA, sorry to hear about that.. I have done that a couple of times too. What did you do to upset people upstairs today??:yankchain:

HGM

Al,
From the trouble I had with mine, I would recomend ice and Nuprin. Nuprin has a muscle relaxer(smaller dose than perscription) that they recomended I take. Ice also helps to reduce the swelling so things can get back into place... Good luck, I wouldnt wish that kind of pain on anyone.. Lots of streching..

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Al, I'm sure you can double up on your pilates and yoga too aid in the recovery. Perhaps a warm herbal wrap and a massage by a large scandanavian man would help too? :whistle:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
PBinWA said:
Al, I'm sure you can double up on your pilates and yoga too aid in the recovery. Perhaps a warm herbal wrap and a massage by a large scandanavian man would help too? :whistle:

If I drink one more Pilates ,I think I might pee the bed !!:smileywac I am going to go for heavy icing !!!

RoadKing

Silver Member
Site Supporter
Had this happen to me a few years ago. I will back you up on the nerve pain running down your leg (sciatica), worst pain I ever had.

Diagnosis, 2 injured vertebrae, my solution was;

1. Baby it until I could move.
2. Slow stretching, being careful to pay attention to your body telling you when enough is enough.
3. Ibuprofen based pain reliever, a non-steroidal anti-inflamatory (Advil, Motrin or generic ).
4. I hardly ever take any medication so I was lucky a half dose worked for me.

Good Luck and Take it easy.

kensfarm

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
"2. Slow stretching, being careful to pay attention to your body telling you when enough is enough. "

I stretch every night before getting in bed.. in the morning on weekends.. especially if it's cold and I'll be lifting a lot. It has helped keep my back pain in check.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
BigAl said:
I cannot believe the knive stabs that are going down my legs !!!

This is the same as my symptoms. This is a bulging or herniated disc. Seek medical attension now not later... or this could get worse. Much worse.

Seriously.

Jen's Jeep

Site Supporter
Well Al...we can have injured backs together:(

I found out we had some ice on the driveway the hard way:(

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Jen's Jeep said:
Well Al...we can have injured backs together:(

I found out we had some ice on the driveway the hard way:(

I am soooooo sorry !!! I really know what your'e feeling right now . Its been the longest night of my life !!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Well .... I am headed off to the doctor later today . Thank God for HD pain killers . The worst part is Dad is in the hospital and I can't even walk to go see him. Spent 2 1/2 days on ice and in and out of bed . I hope that the doc can wave a magic wand and make the thing go away .
My ole Kristi snowcat rebuild keeps wondering where I am and This sitting and laying around is driving me nuts !!! Just too much to do for this .