• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Walking with the deer

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
So tonight I got fricked up and plenty buzzed on beer.
(no surprise there)
I got my winter jacket on and grabbed a flashlight.
There are deer tracks coming right up to my back door.
So I followed a track of deer tracks off into the back yard.
What I found is that they go every where. I stayed on the well traveled
path. What was amazing to me was that the 8" wide path was easy
walking. The minute I got off that packed path - I fell down in what seemed to be 2 feet of soft snow. (Yea.. I stumbled - was quite funny.) Once I got back on the packed down trail all was well. After falling off the "trail" a few times - I turned back - and thankfully made it back home.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
The only tracks I've seen around here are dog or cat prints in the snow.
I don't think the deer are brave enough to come this far in from the country, which isn't too far from where I am.
I think they stay hidden in the woods, down the road a bit. ;)

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
TSAW....is walking with deer any thing like dancing with wolfs????:yum:....watch those pointy things on some of their heads!!!!!:whistling:

mak2

We live in town not .2 mile from a major mall and we have deer in the back yard all the time. They go up and down the creek. We also have fox alot and a couple very well fed groundhogs.

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
So tonight I got fricked up and plenty buzzed on beer.
(no surprise there)
I got my winter jacket on and grabbed a flashlight.
There are deer tracks coming right up to my back door.
So I followed a track of deer tracks off into the back yard.
What I found is that they go every where. I stayed on the well traveled
path. What was amazing to me was that the 8" wide path was easy
walking. The minute I got off that packed path - I fell down in what seemed to be 2 feet of soft snow. (Yea.. I stumbled - was quite funny.) Once I got back on the packed down trail all was well. After falling off the "trail" a few times - I turned back - and thankfully made it back home.

Dumb ass. :stupid:

That kind of story often ends with "and he was found dead three days later".

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I spotlighted 5 deer out in the pasture last night. They were all does as far as I could tell.

The only tracks I've seen around the house are rabbit tracks and lots of them. I hope that they don't tempt the coyotes up too close.