• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Runaway Diesel Engine

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Well Just as I thought things couldn,t get worse , one of my all time biggest fears happened yesterday on my new tractor as I was putting down rock in my drive about 1/4 mile away from the house . :sad:

Like the title says , I was back dragging with the bucket in reverse & looking torwards the rear as I was backing up in a fairlly high gear , When the engine started to runaway at a very high RPM . I hadn,t noticed the smoke pouring from the stack untill I turned to the frontend & put it back in forward gear & headed for the house . I checked the temp & oil guage & they were both normal .

As I got closer to the house it started running even faster around 2500 RPM I think so I killed the switch & pulled the compresion release & I couldn,t get it to shutoff , I also couldn,t get the trans in a lower gear so I could kill it with braking , nor could I push in the clutch because it even reved higher . I actually dont even know what I finally did to get it to shut off but right in front of the house it finally died . I jumped of & imidiatlly shut the fuel supply off just in case .

My wife was out front in her garden & watched the whole time because she had never heard me run it at that speed , She said the heavy smoke kept getting worse & eventually flames were shooting out of the exhaust as well as knocking sounds . All of this took place within less then 30 seconds my wife said but it seemed like an hour to me .

Luckilly since it stopped in Our narrow drive & the only way in or out of our place I was smart enough to never have dropped the 3 point or bucket so I could pull it around to the shop .

After finally settling down & drinking a few beers to get my heart pumping again :w00t2: I checked it over & it didn,t seem overheated , No leaks of any kind , Untill I pulled the oil dipstick & it started running out of the top which I,m guessing was diesel fuel in the crankcase .

I haven,t went back out Since & I,m sure the first thing to do will be drain the oil & change the filter . I have no clue if it will even spin over or if or how much damage it might have caused . But It didn,t seem like the engine seized at the time but I cant swear to it .

Needless to say I,m still perty upset about this & not thinking quite right so any & all advice , Ideas or even comments of how bad i fucked up will be apreciated :sad: .

I was told it was still under warranty when I bought it but never received the paperwork to transfer it & cannot reach the dealer that it was purchased from in Wichita Falls Texas , So I know I,m perty well screwed & now have both tractors down & still tons of work to do . Thanks for reading :tiphat:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm guessing that it was a bad lift pump or a injection pump seal if it's one of them new fangled electronic riggs than injectors and o-rings could be the problem any ways not good you might have saved it only an oil change will tell that is your first step next step is find out where the fuel came from i would bet the knock was fuel nock fom too much fuel on the pistons

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Good info Don , makes sense Thanks . I,m getting ready to go drain the oil & I think I,ll turn the fuel back on & see if its still running out . Tractors a 2009 & only got 135 hours on it , but I dont recon that means much these days Epecially being a YTO made in China .

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I drained a little over 4 gallons out of the crankcase & let it drain for quite awhile . Refilled it with the 7.1 litres it calls for . It fired right up smoke cleared fairlly quick & no noises , or metal shaving in the oil .

I just let it run long enough to get it in the shop & the oil level raised a bit so I,m guessing as Don said probablly a seal in the injector pump . I,ll pull the pump & see what I can find but more then likelly will have an expert go through the pump just be be safe , Then drain it a few more times if I think its fixed . Hopefully I lucked out this time . :unsure: But I,d still like to here others thoughts on this if they have ever ran into this problem before . thanks :smile:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Turbo seals let go? Dumping oil into the intake side in a fine mist. I've seen it happen. Only way to shut that one down was throw a jacket on the air intake.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I drained a little over 4 gallons out of the crankcase & let it drain for quite awhile . Refilled it with the 7.1 litres it calls for . It fired right up smoke cleared fairlly quick & no noises , or metal shaving in the oil .

I just let it run long enough to get it in the shop & the oil level raised a bit so I,m guessing as Don said probablly a seal in the injector pump . I,ll pull the pump & see what I can find but more then likelly will have an expert go through the pump just be be safe , Then drain it a few more times if I think its fixed . Hopefully I lucked out this time . :unsure: But I,d still like to here others thoughts on this if they have ever ran into this problem before . thanks :smile:
don't forget if you have a cam operated lift pump to check it first i have seen diaphrams rupture and fill the crank case with fuel both on gas motors and diesel engines.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Turbo seals let go? Dumping oil into the intake side in a fine mist. I've seen it happen. Only way to shut that one down was throw a jacket on the air intake.

No turbo on this at least that I,m aware of waybomb , unless their makin turbos a lot different then I,m used to on big deisel engines . Which sure could be the case , as I haven,t messed with anything much newer then late 70,s tractors Semi or otherwise for years . I,ll post some pics of the engine as I should have before , Just in case it would come in handy for anyone else . But yes that would sure make sense as well & Thanks for the input :smile:

don't forget if you have a cam operated lift pump to check it first i have seen diaphrams rupture and fill the crank case with fuel both on gas motors and diesel engines.

I,ll have to check that as well Don Thanks again . I did however notice there is electrical running to the Inj pump as well though so who knows , I seem to be the only one in the states Dumb or lucky enough to have bought one of these YTO tractors , Up till now I,ve been very pleased . When I bought it there were at least 3 dealers in the US that were all hyped up about bringing the YTO to the US market & now they all have seemed to go out of business :w00t2:But for what I spent in comparison to the name brand so called popular tractors that are even less impresive & also made overseas , I knew the risk when I bought it . But I can still bitch about it :biggrin:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I'm guessing that it was a bad lift pump or a injection pump seal if it's one of them new fangled electronic riggs than injectors and o-rings could be the problem any ways not good you might have saved it only an oil change will tell that is your first step next step is find out where the fuel came from i would bet the knock was fuel nock fom too much fuel on the pistons

That was what I was going to say. You get too much fuel or oil in the crankcase and the crank starts to whip up the oil and then it goes out the breather into the intake and fuels the engine to over reving.

Issue that you may have is that the fuel oil dilutes the lube oil and you can score your cylinders or wipe/score the bearings. More than likely the seals didn't leak that much that fast and you may have been running the engine for an extended time with the lubrication issues.

Maybe all is good, but if it were my tractor, after dumping the oil, I would at least pull the pan and a bearing cap to check for any damage, if all is good and you can see the cylinder's from underneath and they look good, then fix the leak and have at it. If there is damage but at the scratching stage, you can roll new bearings in after polishing the journals if they aren't badly damaged.

Anyway, good luck!

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
That was what I was going to say. You get too much fuel or oil in the crankcase and the crank starts to whip up the oil and then it goes out the breather into the intake and fuels the engine to over reving.

Issue that you may have is that the fuel oil dilutes the lube oil and you can score your cylinders or wipe/score the bearings. More than likely the seals didn't leak that much that fast and you may have been running the engine for an extended time with the lubrication issues.

Maybe all is good, but if it were my tractor, after dumping the oil, I would at least pull the pan and a bearing cap to check for any damage, if all is good and you can see the cylinder's from underneath and they look good, then fix the leak and have at it. If there is damage but at the scratching stage, you can roll new bearings in after polishing the journals if they aren't badly damaged.

Anyway, good luck!

More good advice thanks fogtender . I,m about 99% certain this problem came about within a matter of a few minutes if not less time , Because I had just checked the dipstick level right before starting this project & it was right on the mark . :wink:

After refilling & knowing the oil lever once again was right on the mark I only ran it long enough to drive forward about 20 feet turn around & back it into the shop another 30 feet , It ran no longer then 2 minutes . I shut the fuel off for safety reasons & checked the dipstick again & the level is about 3 inches higher on the dipstick in that short amount of time . So Whatever is causing the fuel to leak in to the crankcase is very quick , IMO

I dont know if that will help narrow down what might be leaking or not but it seems to be far worse then a simple seal to me . :unsure:

What did surprise me that even though I drained out over twice as much out of the crankcase then what should have been in there the viscosity didn,t appear to be that much thinner then that of about 10W30 & I had been running 10W40 in it , of coarse thats just a guess . :biggrin:

I,ll get a few pics in a few minutes as I,m wondering if it might not be some type of electrical issue that might be causing the leaking or something just stuck in the pump posiblly . I,m really not familiar with this type of injector pump at all . Any thoughts are welcome . :wink:

Attachments

• P9030001.JPG
    P9030001.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 185
  • P9030002.JPG
    P9030002.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 185
  • P9030003.JPG
    P9030003.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 185
  • P9030004.JPG
    P9030004.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
I,ll get a few pics in a few minutes as I,m wondering if it might not be some type of electrical issue that might be causing the leaking or something just stuck in the pump posiblly . I,m really not familiar with this type of injector pump at all . Any thoughts are welcome . :wink:

Definitely not electrical. No way. No how. It is 100% a seal of some sorts. That I'm 100% sure of. A electrical issue would never fill the crankcase with fuel. Only a leaking diaphragm or o ring. IMHO.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I haven,t had time to mess with this one anymore since I,ve been trying to get my other one going , But I did start it & pull it outside to remove the mower deck & noticed my hydraulics are barelly working at all like its really low on hydraulic fluid .

Now that has me thinking since the damn near 4 gallons of oil I drained out didn,t appear to be thinned or smell anything like diesel fuel is it posable hydraulic fluid could be getting into the crankcase & might have caused the problem ? If so how the hell could it have gotten into the oil ?

I only ran it for a minute or so & the oil level appeared to be a bit higher on the dipstick & I have no fuel guage to tell if or how much fuel I might have lost . I,m just wondering if I been looking at it wrong , I hate to pull the injector pump in & have it checked if it may ib fact be something else . Any thoughts ? Thanks :unsure:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
You might have an oil cooler and an hydraulic oil cooler . When you get a chance, chase some hoses. I can't imagine what would happen to them but if the engine oil didn't smell like diesel, it seems like a more likely cause.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
You might have an oil cooler and an hydraulic oil cooler . When you get a chance, chase some hoses. I can't imagine what would happen to them but if the engine oil didn't smell like diesel, it seems like a more likely cause.

Its sure worth a look , I,ll check into it Pixie , thanks for the reply . :biggrin:

D

darroll

Do you have fuel in the fuel tank?
Diesel engines used to run away when they run out of fuel.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you have fuel in the fuel tank?
Diesel engines used to run away when they run out of fuel.

YesSir I do its got about 8 gallons in it as near as I can tell . I will be adding a fuel guage soon so I can keep better track . Why it didn,t come with one I,ll never know it sure seems to have everything else I DONT need . :w00t2: . Thanks for the reply though Darroll , it sure could have been something I overlooked . :wink:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If it has a common sump hydraulic system you might be getting oil from there. Is the pump mounted to the engine and gear driven? The Mitsubishi engines were known for leaking hydraulic into the engine sump when the seal on the hydraulic pump leaked.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
If it has a common sump hydraulic system you might be getting oil from there. Is the pump mounted to the engine and gear driven? The Mitsubishi engines were known for leaking hydraulic into the engine sump when the seal on the hydraulic pump leaked.

I,ll honestly have to go look at the manual & the tractor , i aint had the hood open but a few times & still not familiar with this tractor , but I,m thinking It is a gear driven pump on the engine . Thanks for the Idea Bill . I,ll look & maybe take a few pics . :biggrin:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You may have a relief valve that is not opening when you work your hydraulics to a dead head condition. This will blow the pump seals real quick.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
You may have a relief valve that is not opening when you work your hydraulics to a dead head condition. This will blow the pump seals real quick.

I gota say the manuals I have perty much suck , It does show a hyraulic steering pump but doest even cover the engine or show whats where . All I have to go on are what I think & posting pics .

It looks to be a hydraulic pump & another pump that goes through the front of the case & looks to connect through the front case there so I,m guessing definatlly gear driven & I,m assuming the front pump is the steering pump & the rest of the hydraulics run from the rear of the pump . But there also appears to be some kind of pump that runs off the rear of the altenator . Hopefully the pics will show better what I,m talking about . Thanks again & all opinions or ideas are appreciated . :wink:

Attachments

• P9060003.JPG
    P9060003.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 144
  • P9060004.JPG
    P9060004.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 141
  • P9060005.JPG
    P9060005.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 140
  • P9060006.JPG
    P9060006.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 138
  • P9060007.JPG
    P9060007.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 141
  • P9060008.JPG
    P9060008.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 135

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well here is my WAG on what you have. The pump on the alternator may be a high volume self priming pump to pick up oil from the sump and supply it to the main hydraulic pump. The other pump would be for your hydraulics and power steering. Follow the lines and it should allow you to figure out what goes where. The pump most likely has a seal where it is gear driven off the engine. Can you find any info on the pump label? That would be a start to locate the seal. Most main hydraulics are run in steel tube and go to hoses from valve bodies etc.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Well here is my WAG on what you have. The pump on the alternator may be a high volume self priming pump to pick up oil from the sump and supply it to the main hydraulic pump. The other pump would be for your hydraulics and power steering. Follow the lines and it should allow you to figure out what goes where. The pump most likely has a seal where it is gear driven off the engine. Can you find any info on the pump label? That would be a start to locate the seal. Most main hydraulics are run in steel tube and go to hoses from valve bodies etc.

I tried to read the label on what I belive to be the main hydraulic pump but what I could see was in chinese & I cant see worth a shit , but I,m sure theres at least numbers or posablly a model number stamped into it . I,ll check further & see if my wife can make it out later or tommorow .

The last pic I posted is what I,m sure is the hydraulic tube right below the frame & the line from it runs directlly to the back of the pump itself . But I think this may be the problem or at least I,m hoping so .

I,ll see what else I can read or see & narrow down what goes to where & either post back later tonight or tommorow , Not that i expect a reply anytime soon . But I do appreciate the help & opinions because I,ve been afraid it may be far more serious then what it might be . :clap:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
OK , I got the # off of the hydraulic pump , I still am not sure of brand but here is what I have found , in trouble shooting from the chinese link . I,m not sure what might have been lost in translating though . It makes mention of the fuel tank a few times .

This is the pump . Mine is a CBN-E310L . I cant find any breakdown on it for seals or parts though .
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.xxyy-cn.com/%3Faction%3Dwareshow%257Cxinxing%257C1238%257Ccn%257C1851,1590%257C2&ei=Ii6GTIH1IsKqlAfwgIGpDw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CCsQ7gEwBQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3DCBN-E310L%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-US%26rlz%3D1I7GPEA_enUS293

I found this pump at Affordabletractors website Thats allmost the same # CBN-E314-200

http://www.affordabletractorsalesco...?cid=1225&catid=106&picid=2776&category=Parts Center&sub_category=Hydraulics&scid=100&PHPSESSID=d97135d724272d201e40f13619cd0e42

hydraulic pump repair kit here , but not sure if it would be the same as my pump or not , Hell I aint even sure its my problem . :w00t2:

http://www.affordabletractorsalesco...?cid=1243&catid=106&picid=1397&category=Parts Center&sub_category=Hydraulics&scid=100&PHPSESSID=d97135d724272d201e40f13619cd0e42

http://translate.google.com/transla...n&rls=com.microsoft:en-US&rlz=1I7GPEA_enUS293

现象​
Phenomenon
产生原因​
Cause
排除方法​
Troubleshooting

外渗漏​
Extravasation

1、密封老化或损伤​
1, seal aging or injury
更换密封​
Replace seal
2、进出油口连接部位松动​
2, loose joints and out of the oil port
紧固螺钉或管接头​
Fastening screws or fittings
3、密封面磕碰​
3, sealing surface bump
修磨密封面​
Sealing surface grinding
4、外壳体砂眼​
4, shell body trachoma
更换外壳体​
Replacement shell body
油泵​
Pump

吸不​
Do not smoke

上油​
Oil

或无​
Or no

压力​
Pressure
1、原动机与油泵旋转不一致​
1, the original motive is inconsistent with the pump rotation
纠正原动机旋向​
Correct rotation of the original motivation
2、油泵传动键脱落​
2, oil pump drive key off
重新安装传动机​
Reinstall the transfer motive
3、进出油口接反​
3, reversed out of the oil port
按说明书选用正确接法​
Choose the correct method according to the instruction received
4、油箱内油面过低,吸入管口露出液面​
4, the oil surface within the tank is too low, exposed surface suction nozzle
补充油液至最低油标线以上​
Add oil to the oil standard above the minimum
5、转速太低吸力不足​
5, lack of speed is too low suction
提高转速达到油泵最低转速以上​
Increase speed to pump more than the minimum speed
6、油温过低,使油粘度过高​
6, oil temperature is too low, so that the oil viscosity is too high
加温至推荐正常工作油温​
Heating oil temperature to the recommended work
7、吸入管道或过滤装置堵塞造成吸油不顺​
7, suction pipe or filter blockage caused by suction ring true
清洗管道或过滤装置,除去堵塞物,或更换过滤箱内油液​
Cleaning pipe or filter, to remove blockages, or replace the oil filter box
8、吸入口过滤器过滤精度过高造成吸油不畅​
8, intake filters caused by excessive oil absorption poor accuracy
按说明书正确选用过滤器​
Choose the correct filter according to the instruction
9、吸入管道漏气​
9, inhalation of leaking pipes
检查管道各连接处,并予以密封、坚固​
Check all pipe joints and to be sealed, rugged
10、小排量油泵吸力不足​
10, small-displacement pump suction less than
向泵内注满油​
Fill the oil pump

流量​
Flow

不足​
Inadequate

达不​
Tat

到额​
To the amount of

定植​
Colonization
1、转速未达到额定转速​
1, speed does not meet the rated speed
按说明书指定额定转速选用电机转速​
Rated speed specified by manual selection of motor speed
2、系统中有泄露​
2, the system has leaked
检查系统,修补泄露点​
Inspection system, repair leak point
3、由于油泵长时间工作、振动使泵盖螺钉松动​
3, due to oil pump to work long hours, shaking loose the pump cover screw
适当拧紧螺钉​
Tighten the screws properly
4、吸入管道漏气​
4, suction pipe leakage
检查管道各连接处,并予以密封、坚固​
Check all pipe joints and to be sealed, rugged
5、吸油不充分​
5, oil is not sufficient

油箱内油面过低​
The oil surface within the tank is too low
补充油液至最低油标线以上​
Add oil to the oil standard above the minimum
入口滤油器堵塞或通流量过小​
Import filter plug or through the small flow
清洗过滤器或选用流量为油泵2倍以上的滤油器​
Wash flow filter or use more than 2 times the oil filter pump
吸入管道堵塞或通流量过小​
Pipe plug, or through inhalation of the small flow
清洗管道,选用不小于油泵入口通径的吸入管​
Cleaning pipes, pumps used not less than the entrance diameter of the suction pipe
油粘度过高或高低​
Oil viscosity too high or high and low
选用推荐粘度工作油​
Recommended viscosity oil selected work
压力​
Pressure
生不​
Health is not
上去​
Up
1、油泵不上油或流量不足​
1, no oil pump or flow less than
同前述排除方法​
Exclusion method with the above
2、溢流阀调整压力太低或出现故障​
2, the pressure relief valve adjustment is too low or failure
重新调试溢流阀压力或修复溢流阀​
Re-commissioning or repair of pressure relief valve pressure relief valve
3、系统中有泄露​
3, the system has leaked
坚持系统、修补泄露点​
Adhere to the system, repair leak point
4、由于油泵长时间工作振动,使泵盖螺钉松动​
4, due to pump vibration of long working hours, the pump cover screw loose
适当拧金螺钉​
Appropriate gold screws screwed
5、吸入管道漏气​
5, inhaling pipe leakage
检查各连接处,并予以密封、紧固​
Check all joints, and be sealed, fastening
6、吸油不充分​
6, oil is not sufficient
同前述排除方法​
过度​
Over
发热​
Fever
1、油温过高​
1, high oil temperature
改善油箱散热条件或增设冷却器油温控制在推荐正常工作油温范围内​
To improve the fuel tank thermal conditions or additional cooler oil temperature control oil temperature in the recommended range of normal
2、油粘度太低,内泻过大​
2, the oil viscosity is too low, excessive diarrhea within
选用推荐粘度工作油​
Recommended oil viscosity selected work
3、工作压力高高​
3, high work pressure
降压至额定油箱液面以下​
The following step-down to the nominal fuel tank liquid level
4、回油口直接接到油泵入口​
4, back to the oil port directly to the pump entrance
回油口接至油箱液面以下​
Back to the oil port connected to the fuel tank below the liquid level
振动​
Vibration
过大​
Too large
1、泵轴与电机轴不同心​
1, shaft and motor shaft misalignment
重新安装达到说明书要求精度​
Meet the specification requirements to re-install precision
2、安装螺钉松动​
2, mounting screws loose
拧紧螺钉​
Tighten the screws
3、转速或压力过高​
3, speed or pressure too high
调至许用范围以内​
Adjusted to be within permissible
4、吸入管道漏气​
4, inhalation pipeline leak
检查管道各连接处,并予以密封、紧固​
Check all pipe joints and to seal, fastening
5、吸油不充分​
5, oil is not sufficient
同前述排除方法​
6、油液中有气泡​
6, there are bubbles of oil
补充油液或采取结构措施把回油口浸入油面以下​
Add oil or to take structural measures to return oil port immersion oil surface the following

1、吸入管道漏气​
1, inhalation of leaking pipes
检查管道各连接处,并予以密封、紧固​
Check all pipe joints and to seal, fastening

2、吸油不充分​
2, oil is not sufficient
同前述排除方法​

3、泵轴和原动机轴不同心​
3, shaft and prime mover shaft misalignment
重新安装达到说明书要求精确​
Reinstall meet the specification requirements accurately

4、油中有气泡​
4, oil bubbles
补充油液或采取结构措施把回油口浸入油面以下​
Add oil or to take structural measures to return oil port immersion oil surface the following

5、泵转速过高​
5, pump speed is too high
选用推荐转速范围​
Recommended speed range selection

6、泵压力过高​
6, pump pressure too high
降压至额定压力以下​
The following step-down to the rated pressure

7、轴密封处漏气​
7, shaft seals leak
更换油封​
Replacement seals

17.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I would try pounding the phone numbers on that site. They are the oldest tractor company in China and somebody should be able to set you on the right path. If you could not smell diesel in the crankcase oil it is most likely a pump leak causing the oilpan to flood which led to the runaway.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I also did a search on the engine & came up with that its the same engine as used in some Jinma tractors & i can by a complete engine out of Texas ready to install for under 3 grand , Not that i would need to it just made me feel a little better about finding parts in the US .

http://www.affordabletractorsalesco...?cid=1540&catid=106&picid=1674&category=Parts Center&sub_category=Engine TY395&scid=115&PHPSESSID=d97135d724272d201e40f13619cd0e42

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I also did a search on the engine & came up with that its the same engine as used in some Jinma tractors & i can by a complete engine out of Texas ready to install for under 3 grand , Not that i would need to it just made me feel a little better about finding parts in the US .

http://www.affordabletractorsalesco...?cid=1540&catid=106&picid=1674&category=Parts Center&sub_category=Engine TY395&scid=115&PHPSESSID=d97135d724272d201e40f13619cd0e42

You can probably get it less if need be. That's Tommy's place. A few years ago I was looking to possibly buy a cheaper 80ish hp tractor to leave at some property I have about 20 miles up the road. Tommy mostly sells Foton tractors, which is the exact same Rural King sells. The difference is that Rural King moves a heck of a lot more iron than Tommy.

I don't recall the exact numbers, but close. I think Tommy wanted pretty dang close to 30k for a 82 hp Foton with a Perkins knock-off, cab, A/C, 4X4 and FEL. Rural King had the absolute exact same machine on "closeout" (even with the exact same loader) for $19,995. Tommy explained that I wouldn't get the same service from Rural King as I'd get from him as to why the difference in price. I'd agree if I didn't live over a thousand miles from him. It eluded him that his service, as good as it may be, meant nothing to me. Both he and that Ken Sweet guy (sells tractors and implements on that other place) got rather rude with me when I questioned their price after I'd already had a price considerably lower elsewhere.

Tommy is getting up into the range of the 2nd tier tractor prices on his Fotons. I can't see anyone spending the same money on a Foton as on a Mahindra or Kioti or one of those re-badged Kiotis. :wink: The Chinese tractors sell on price alone. I learned that when I was looking at them. Most sellers bluntly told me that I'd need to turn a wrench if I wanted to save the cash and buy Chinese. That being the case, I'd have to think that there are all sorts of places where you can buy Chinese parts. I don't know about Jinma, but Rural King alone has put a butt load of Fotons out in the fields in this part of the country. And, being that most owners have read up on what they need to keep an eye on, I haven't heard too many complaints. Good luck to ya. I'd keep shopping on parts prices.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
You can probably get it less if need be. That's Tommy's place. A few years ago I was looking to possibly buy a cheaper 80ish hp tractor to leave at some property I have about 20 miles up the road. Tommy mostly sells Foton tractors, which is the exact same Rural King sells. The difference is that Rural King moves a heck of a lot more iron than Tommy.

I don't recall the exact numbers, but close. I think Tommy wanted pretty dang close to 30k for a 82 hp Foton with a Perkins knock-off, cab, A/C, 4X4 and FEL. Rural King had the absolute exact same machine on "closeout" (even with the exact same loader) for $19,995. Tommy explained that I wouldn't get the same service from Rural King as I'd get from him as to why the difference in price. I'd agree if I didn't live over a thousand miles from him. It eluded him that his service, as good as it may be, meant nothing to me. Both he and that Ken Sweet guy (sells tractors and implements on that other place) got rather rude with me when I questioned their price after I'd already had a price considerably lower elsewhere.

Tommy is getting up into the range of the 2nd tier tractor prices on his Fotons. I can't see anyone spending the same money on a Foton as on a Mahindra or Kioti or one of those re-badged Kiotis. :wink: The Chinese tractors sell on price alone. I learned that when I was looking at them. Most sellers bluntly told me that I'd need to turn a wrench if I wanted to save the cash and buy Chinese. That being the case, I'd have to think that there are all sorts of places where you can buy Chinese parts. I don't know about Jinma, but Rural King alone has put a butt load of Fotons out in the fields in this part of the country. And, being that most owners have read up on what they need to keep an eye on, I haven't heard too many complaints. Good luck to ya. I'd keep shopping on parts prices.

Good to know Dargo thanks , much appreciated . Nope dealers or service aint worth squat to me as long as I can find the parts cuz I work real cheap :w00t2: .

There aint much I cant do as long as I know where to start , Bad thing is parts of the high dollar name brand tractors are more then likelly the same damn thing as mine , but the dealers like to keep it a secret . It just takes awhile to sort through the bs is all , Worst case is my parts have to travel a lot farther away but I aint got nothin but time as long as I at least got one tractor runnin . :biggrin:

Yep Bill I,ll do some phone callin as I have a few more lines on some things now , as well as I ran accross a Chinese tractor forum that 3 different guys had exactlly the same problem with their Jinma,s that has exactlly the same setup .

Bad thing as with most forums , People just join them when they have a problem , as soon as they get the help they need they dont even post back to say thanks or if its fixed , just disapear until the next time . I like to follow up on mine so it might help others . But thats just how us arrogant assholes are :yum:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
I thought I better update this again . I got my other tractor going & got most of my mowing done so I,m more able to focus on this tractor .

I had to go back & rethink exactlly what took place when the problem started before the engine rpm,s went way to high on its own . I had allready moved a bunch of rock with the loader & I had noticed the response was getting a bit slow before I started back dragging with the bucket , I put a lot of downward preasure on the loader bucket & obviouslly just blew the damn seal , allthough I,ve done it on other tractors for years without any problem .

I was just guessing it was fuel causing it to run away but have since found out any kind of raise in the crankcase can cause that . I checked the fuel again & its still damn near full so noway it pumped 2 gallons or better in the crankcase & even if it did it woulda had to go through the injectors & would have took a long time for that much .

I also found theres 2 different dipsticks for the gear oil , the one one the main case didn,t appear low at all which is another reason I was thinking it was fuel . but The vent on the rear above the PTO is also a dipstick that comes out after finally looking at the parts manual & its at least a gallon or so to low . So I,m 100% sure it is the seal on the hydraulic pump as its the only way it could get into the crankcase .

I just have to see if I can find a seal kit , but worst case scenerio I can buy a brandnew pump for less then 200 bucks , If need be thats the route I,ll go . Then Drain everything & change all filters & fluid which I probablly should have done when I bought the darn thing , Other then taking the guys word he had allready done it :w00t2:.

So thats where I,m at , looks like I lucked out this time & it wont be near as expensive as I feared . I,ll update again when something changes or I get it fixed , but many thanks to all for the help . :respect:

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sorry that I no longer have the links to the Chinese tractor sites (I deleted them when I opted not to buy one), but I am relatively certain that besides draining and flushing all fluids a few times and replacing all the filters when you first get them, there were a dozen or so different seals that the guys 'in the know' highly recommended changing out to higher quality seals. You may have just found one of them.

The guys who take the time to do all these things when they first get a brand new Chinese tractor (I thought the manufacturer did these things, but I suppose it's common knowledge that certain Chinese manufacturers do not) seem to be rather content with their tractors and seem to get great service out of them. They like to say that half of the tractor was manufactured in China and that they did all the finish work when they bought one. You may want to Google and browse some of those sites. Most things they said were "required" just took time; not a lot of money. Good luck to ya!