• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So last night at scouts we were making personal first aid kits for the kids then shrink wrapping them for use on backpacking trips.

No appointments today so I may head out to the garage in a bit to tackle the brakes on the atv. It desperately needs new pads and a rotor in the back. I may also build a stand for my log splitter. I like it but it's a little hard on the back right now.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Had a good day at work yesterday.
This is the time of year where we who work in health care, especially with the elderly see many of them pass.
From November into December.
Myself and another nurse were sharing thoughts on that from years of experience, which brought to mind something my Grandfather once said, " Green December- the cemetery's full."

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So last night at scouts we were making personal first aid kits for the kids then shrink wrapping them for use on backpacking trips.

No appointments today so I may head out to the garage in a bit to tackle the brakes on the atv. It desperately needs new pads and a rotor in the back. I may also build a stand for my log splitter. I like it but it's a little hard on the back right now.

Change of plans. As soon as the kids left I headed to the garage and gathered up my painting supplies then tackled the stairway walls to the basement. The previous owner had half-ass attempted to paint it but only did what he could reach on the walls. They are roughly 15feet from stairway to ceiling. After doing some mudding touch ups the past few days I decided on a whim that today was the day. It's now all patched and one color all the way to the ceiling.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
After three weeks of noting form our best customer, trucks arrived last Thursday with 21 pallets of material. This is essentially 12 days of work. They want us to process it in one week.

Friday we had one line up and running. Monday was a b!tch but at the end of it we had two lines going.
Today was a cake walk with only some minor tuning and training. I spent much of the day just watching things run and drinking coffee.

The plan is to be done in time to be off by Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is a sacred four day Holiday at Excalibur. For over thirty years, we have made sure all our employees have those days off for travel and family. We refuse all work for any price. It is more sacred than Christmas.

Curiously, we landed this account by working the first pilot order on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving at midnite to 2:00 AM. We did 3,000 packages that nite. Such effort got the Chicken processor the Wal-Mart account which has now grown 20 fold in the last 8 years.

It has also been the source of 50%, if not most, of our income for that same time. So it was with great pleasure that I sat back and just watched the iron turn material into cash today.

The employees got big screen TV's last year for Christmas. Hard to top that but, they are gonna have a great Christmas gift this year.

Addition,,,; The wife/Boss just called to tell me the printer dropped off another load late tonite. WOW!

Last edited:

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Went to the Omaha VA to get my second and final shingles vaccine shot and dropped off my computer to have some work done on it. 100 miles round trip. I'm now typing this on my stupid smart phone.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Another day in federal court, locked in a secret room ... as a grand juror.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Off today.
Considering going to 3 12s a pp after the new year.
The family are complaining that all I do is work.
This way I'll get my hours in, work less days during the week and still be on my weekend rotation.

Maddie and Lainey want the Calico Critters playhouse for Christmas, plus Frozen this and Trolls that.
So, I'd better start the Christmas shopping soon.
Kasey wants cold hard cash and a gift card to Panda Express.
Of course, Nana will do as they request.
:smile:

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, after the work stuff today I went to town and filled 2 propane cylinders and filled the old Dodge with gas, now I am going to load up some firewood for the stove. In the morning The wife, dog and me are going to the work cabin. There is a storm a little south that could dump some snow at the cabin so I decided to take the Old Dodge instead of the Nissan just in case. This trip I plan to insulate the bathroom and get the plywood on the walls. When that is done I can finish assembling the shower. Full report with pictures upon our return. Marty

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Gym this morning then coffee with th gym crew. Afterwards I came home and finished tarping up a few things outside before the snow hits tonight. I also moved the plow truck up beside the house so I don't have to trudge through the snow down to the garage in the morning.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Last summer we bought a forty foot park model camper and put it in Springfield MO on a permanent mobile home site. It is 30 minutes from our Ozark property and forty minutes from our 30 foot sailboat. I thought we were done. But the wifey told me today she wants a 18 or so foot camper so we can go on long vacation trips out west and also use it as a day camper on the property.

We are looking at new units like this one;
s-l1600.jpg

I had no idea our business was doing so well. Worse, I have no idea when we will have the time. But she is determined to have a "retirement."

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Last summer we bought a forty foot park model camper and put it in Springfield MO on a permanent mobile home site. It is 30 minutes from our Ozark property and forty minutes from our 30 foot sailboat. I thought we were done. But the wifey told me today she wants a 18 or so foot camper so we can go on long vacation trips out west and also use it as a day camper on the property.

We are looking at new units like this one;
s-l1600.jpg

I had no idea our business was doing so well. Worse, I have no idea when we will have the time. But she is determined to have a "retirement."

You only go around once , go for it. Marty

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
As a day camper on the property … fine. For long trips out west … not so much.

I don't have anything against small campers. I've met people who spend 6 months a year in a tear drop trailer and it can be fine if you can spend a lot of time outdoors. For me personally, they can get claustrophobic if bad weather or something keeps you inside and I don't see any slideouts on that unit so, for me, it would get "small" in a hurry. But hey, it's all a matter of personal choice. We don't all want the same things out of an RV or use it in the same way. If it fits your needs, go for it and "Happy Trails". It's a fun way to travel.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
As a day camper on the property … fine. For long trips out west … not so much.

I don't have anything against small campers. I've met people who spend 6 months a year in a tear drop trailer and it can be fine if you can spend a lot of time outdoors. For me personally, they can get claustrophobic if bad weather or something keeps you inside and I don't see any slideouts on that unit so, for me, it would get "small" in a hurry. But hey, it's all a matter of personal choice. We don't all want the same things out of an RV or use it in the same way. If it fits your needs, go for it and "Happy Trails". It's a fun way to travel.

The 40 footer weighs in at 12,400 lbs. I'm not pulling that thru the Rockies or the Sierras.
We recently acquired a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 5.7 Ltr Hemi. It will pull 8,000 lbs but the idea is to have a restful vacation. So a smaller unit with a large bathroom and one double bed will be perfect for the two of us.

One problem with the smaller RV campers is limited tank capacity for fresh water and for waste water. But with all the parks having full service hookups, there should be very little sacrifice on the road.

No kids, no pets and very few "toys" it needs to be nothing more than a hotel room, not a "living space." What we are looking at is a unit designed for TWO people with a relatively large bath at one end and a Murphy bed at the other. A decent galley kitchen perhaps a bump out dinette. All around 4,000 lbs.

JAYCO_JAY_FLIGHT_SLX_195RB.jpg
3480-154BH.png

Most campers concentrate on getting a lot of sleeper capacity in a small space. This sacrifices creature comforts particularly in the smaller units. We are talking about a "honeymoon suite" on wheels.

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Good plan. We did the same thing. Our camper is 33ft. With the 3 slides it's around 8000lbs loaded. Doable with our expedition with a max towing rate of 9800lbs I believe. We need the space with the kids. But if it's just the two of us or just a couple of the kids, we now have the tent trailer for shorter weekend trips out of town. It saves us hauling the bigger one out of the seasonal site. Though I have it set up to where I can have it hooked up and out of there in 30 minutes. But it's still a pain.

The ole internal barometer spiked at 450 am this morning and I was up. Out at 6am to start plowing the road so my wife could get to work. It took me 2.5 hrs to do the whole thing.

The kids are starting to like country living. We're only 15 minutes away from the city but with all the snow overnight, all the buses are canceled. In the city, we only lived a few doors away from the school so if it was open, they were going.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
No Franc, as I said, "If it meets your needs … go for it". Everybody has different requirements of a RV.

MY S-I-L was the small trailer and 5th wheel queen. She's traveled for 4 to 8 months a year in them for the past 12 years. She towed them with GMC 2500 HD with the towing package. The only problem she ever had was in northern New Mexico when the transmission overheated even with a cooler on it. She recently got a gas motorhome because, at our ripe old age, set up breakdown of her fiver was beginning to be a chore. Right now she is camped out at Fort Yargo in Georgia. We'll see her for Christmas.

Right now it is damp and drizzly. The only thing I have on the books for today is a haircut this afternoon. I have a new aluminum camping cook station that I'll probably put together later today too. I put the new, small, Blackstone griddle that my wife got for her birthday together yesterday. It only took about 5 minutes but she still has to season it. She says that it is on her list. There's no real hurry as we probably won't be using the RV until the spring. Brrrr… I don't like cold weather camping.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
No Franc, as I said, "If it meets your needs … go for it". Everybody has different requirements of a RV.

MY S-I-L was the small trailer and 5th wheel queen. She's traveled for 4 to 8 months a year in them for the past 12 years. She towed them with GMC 2500 HD with the towing package. The only problem she ever had was in northern New Mexico when the transmission overheated even with a cooler on it. She recently got a gas motorhome because, at our ripe old age, set up breakdown of her fiver was beginning to be a chore. Right now she is camped out at Fort Yargo in Georgia. We'll see her for Christmas.

Right now it is damp and drizzly. The only thing I have on the books for today is a haircut this afternoon. I have a new aluminum camping cook station that I'll probably put together later today too. I put the new, small, Blackstone griddle that my wife got for her birthday together yesterday. It only took about 5 minutes but she still has to season it. She says that it is on her list. There's no real hurry as we probably won't be using the RV until the spring. Brrrr… I don't like cold weather camping.

Yes, the set up breakdown can be a chore. OTOH having a tow vehicle to runaround in or a towed vehicle is handy.

Here's the one I want. The missus is pondering.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2020-W...963150?hash=item2ad834c40e:g:6t0AAOSwVt9dy7mM

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, the set up breakdown can be a chore. OTOH having a tow vehicle to runaround in or a towed vehicle is handy.

Here's the one I want. The missus is pondering.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2020-W...963150?hash=item2ad834c40e:g:6t0AAOSwVt9dy7mM

Hey, that's quite nice. My S-I-L had one somewhat similar but I think that it was around 20' or so. When we get too old for our long trips during the summer I may get something like that for week-ends at our local State Parks. I just can't see me giving up camping altogether. It may well be just me and the dogs as my wife would have a tough time but may be okay with it for a couple of days or so.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Good plan. We did the same thing. Our camper is 33ft. With the 3 slides it's around 8000lbs loaded. Doable with our expedition with a max towing rate of 9800lbs I believe. We need the space with the kids. But if it's just the two of us or just a couple of the kids, we now have the tent trailer for shorter weekend trips out of town. It saves us hauling the bigger one out of the seasonal site. Though I have it set up to where I can have it hooked up and out of there in 30 minutes. But it's still a pain.

The ole internal barometer spiked at 450 am this morning and I was up. Out at 6am to start plowing the road so my wife could get to work. It took me 2.5 hrs to do the whole thing.

The kids are starting to like country living. We're only 15 minutes away from the city but with all the snow overnight, all the buses are canceled. In the city, we only lived a few doors away from the school so if it was open, they were going.
After clearing the driveway here, I came in to rest for a bit then loaded up the snowblower and headed to the city to clear the driveway at our old place that hasn't sold yet. While I was there, my old neighbor (who is in her 90s) came out to try clearing hers with a shovel. Being who I am, I went over and did hers. Then her older 92 year old brother who lives next door came out and was struggling so I went and did his as well. Home now to rest for the remainder of the day.

I may have to go out to clean off the dish as tv keeps cutting out.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Peeking in at y'all on my break lol
Had a scrub/medical supply sale today.
Got some new things.
I'll show you later.

20191121_165401-614x614.jpg

20191121_165332-614x614.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Tgif!
I've got today off and don't have a whole lot planned.
As mentioned, I browsed the inside of the mobile scrub van and purchased new scrubs and one full set, and a pair of Asics.
Also bought a new Littmann stethoscope but left it in my locker.
I managed to crack the tubing that feeds into the bell on the one I've carried for years.

20191122_072907-768x768.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Kind of a relaxing morning. I have to go into the city later to play/sing at church. That's about it.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not going to church this morning.
I was out grocery shopping until almost midnight last night after I got off work.
Geesh.
Then I couldn't wind down until around 2am. :hammer:
I'm working all this week except for tomorrow, then this coming weekend I'll decorate for Christmas, as little as it's going to be.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, We just returned from the work cabin. It was clear sky but cold 17 deg. at night, on Friday I had a little framing to finish in the bathroom then installed the insulation. Saturday morning my batteries were low so I went out to start the generator to charge them up, it is a diesel 6k generator with pull start which normally starts on the first pull. The cold didn't do any favors starting the generator, after 4 or 5 pulls I squirted a little starting fluid into the intake. The next pull it started then kicked back ripping the pull cord out of my hand sucking into the housing breaking the rope and the handle was laying on the ground. That idea cost me an hour fixing it, then when I went to start it again I almost pulled the gen set from the frame as 2 of the 4 rubber isolators that mounts the generator were ripped in half. I assume was caused when it kicked back so I got it started by putting my foot on the engine when I pulled the rope. I brought it home for repair. The rest of the day was spent putting all of the 1/2" plywood on the bathroom walls. All in all a good trip. Its suppose to snow up there almost all of next week so I will probably have to use the Tucker on the next trip. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 50

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, we did close on the little trailer today. It's a 2020, not a 2019. Exactly the same as pictured with a few added upgradea.
It won out over the others because of the cabinetry inside. (The Wolf Pup had a useless vanity and a mirror in the bathroom. No place to put a comb or a toothbrush.) It also had twin axles and a higher payload capacity.
Electric levelers and hitch stand.

The Jayco 17RB was nice but had 72" ceiling height. I'm 6' 2" so that was problematic. They wanted the same money so that was a no brainer.

MSRP as equipped was $17,600. We offered $14,300 and settled at $14,700. The Wolf pup was at $11,600 but had one axle and no payload capacity. Everything inside was contact paper over particle board. Cheap.

The only downside with the Salem is that the water heater is not bi-polar. It is gas only. So, I will have to add a small electric one.

All the work we did at the ranch was ruined by neglect. We hadn't been there in three years. Piles of lumber scattered by livestock, the 32' Monarch camper was destroyed by a fallen antennae tower, rainwater and critters.

We have to cleanup the mess and start over. This unit will make a good base camp until we get things sorted. It will also be fun to tow out west behind the Grand Cherokee.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Proud of you my man. Congratulations.

The important thing is to get one that the missus can live with and it has all the things that she wants in it. After that, it's all plain sailing.

Happy camping!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Proud of you my man. Congratulations.

The important thing is to get one that the missus can live with and it has all the things that she wants in it. After that, it's all plain sailing.

Happy camping!

The bathroom is tight with all the cabinets but it works. The Murphy bed is a queen and makes the small unit work very well.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Finishing putting a new deck on my 6x12 utility trailer. It's all painted and ready for the new deck. Will post pics of finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.