• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My nuts are awesome

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's not Christmas without the scent of my nuts in the air. I've made 2 lbs of pralines for Christmas. People just love my nuts. You should see their faces light up when they are first exposed to them.

In the spirit of giving, my recipe:

1 lb pecan halves
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp water
1 egg white (large egg)

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

Whisk egg white and water in a large bowl until frothy, then fold in pecans until evenly coated with egg mixture.

In separate bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, and salt.

Pour about 1/3 of the sugar mix over the nuts, stir gently to expose uncoated nuts, pour in next 1/3, stir gently, pour in remaining third and stir until nuts are evenly coated. Be slow and gentle with your nuts so as not to break them.

LIGHTLY oil (or use cooking spray) a baking pan and spread the coated nuts evenly on the pan. Bake for 1 hr, stirring every 15 minutes.

Allow to cool.

Enjoy popping these nuts in your mouth!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I love those nuts.
They sell them at the mall in festive cone shaped containers this time of year.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Lmao. Don't know what happened. I posted once. Went to look and didn't see it. So I posted again. Still didn't see anything. Now they're both there. Maybe doc forgot to pay the hydro again.