• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Aldi recalls Nuts ...because they don't have a WARNING saying they contain NUTS

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
WTF :hammer:

Seriously if you buy a bag of NUTS, and you have a NUT allergy, and you eat the NUTS because the bag of NUTS does not have a warning saying that there are NUTS in the package then you are the very special kind of stupid that should be having a special meeting with the DARWIN AWARDS executive committee.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23597...&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=dwbrand

The article at the link is much longer than this, but if you can't get the idea of how stupid this is by reading what I'm quoting here then you may want to follow the link above.

The Aldi grocery chain has recalled a brand of nuts from its shelves because the packages don't include a warning that among the contents are — nuts.

The worldwide chain this week recalled its Clancy’s Barbecue Flavour Coated Peanuts, which also contains cashews. because they contain cashew nuts — which did not warn customers about on the label.

The U.K's Foods Standards Agency said that the omission puts people at a “possible health risk." The bags of nuts were only available across three regions in the U.K. — Neston, Darlington and Goldthorpe.

The agency-issued “allergy alert” said: “Aldi is recalling its Clancy’s Barbecue Flavour Coated Peanuts because they contain cashew nuts, which are undeclared on the label. This means the product is a possible health risk for anyone with an allergy to nuts."

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had to return a pkg of boxers to the store for the same reason. Damned things didn't have a warning label that they contain nuts [emoji28]

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
WTF :hammer:

Seriously if you buy a bag of NUTS, and you have a NUT allergy, and you eat the NUTS because the bag of NUTS does not have a warning saying that there are NUTS in the package then you are the very special kind of stupid that should be having a special meeting with the DARWIN AWARDS executive committee.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23597...&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=dwbrand

The article at the link is much longer than this, but if you can't get the idea of how stupid this is by reading what I'm quoting here then you may want to follow the link above.

Actually I kind of get this one. My daughter is seriously allergic to peanuts, which are not nuts, but can tolerate nuts. The label reads Barbecue Flavour Coated Peanuts. I'm sure there are those who are opposite.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Actually I kind of get this one. My daughter is seriously allergic to peanuts, which are not nuts, but can tolerate nuts. The label reads Barbecue Flavour Coated Peanuts. I'm sure there are those who are opposite.

Yup, peanuts are legumes and cashews are nuts. For my nephew, peanuts are ok, but cashews could be lethal.

jwstewar

I agree, my daughter can eat peanuts, but if a tree nut gets anywhere near her or touches her, she breaks out. If she ingests anything with nuts her throat swells and she can't breath - with cashews and almonds being the worst. She once ate ice cream that didn't contain nuts but must have been made with a machine that had run nuts in the previous batch - it affected her. Incidentally, it did contain a label that set it was run on machines which had produced other items with nuts.