• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

simplex repeaters

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The latest in our area are repeaters for gmrs. from what i understand they are battery powered and you can hang one in a tree . it may be usefull .
jim

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
A friend bought one at Dayton in 2012, but hasn't used it (he's a gadget guy/impulse buyer). The concept is good for ECOM, it's just a little different to have this device tethered to your HT and placed somewhere if you're outside. He bought this one.

We have so many repeaters in my area that something like this is not a big seller, and is rarely discussed. We pretty much use simplex to keep 146.52 alive and well, and mainly do so from our mobile units with decent power, but rarely from HTs. I guess it's a neat answering machine for your simplex frequency.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you can do the same thing with an ht like a djg 5, or a parrot attachment if you don't want to cross band. is a parrot what you are simplex repeater ?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was thinking like at camp and a ridge was blocking your radios.
i don't think I would ever buy one.