• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
More today of tata Norma's chicken soup and Aimee's masa harina corn cakes.
That was lunch.
Then I made meatloaf.
Meatloaf schmeatloaf, boring old...
whatever Ralphie's brother called it in A Christmas Story.
Lol

20181013_101429-768x768.jpg

20181013_174439-768x768.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My daughter in law went to Bob Evans and got us carry out food.
Country fried steak, mashed potatoes, country gravy, green beans with ham, biscuits and salad.
No, I couldn't eat it all.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
oui yogurt & pabst; beliece that i shall have a cherry one-- got my neighborhood to luv oui--

Bamby

I've got some ground beef in the skillet browning with green pepper and onion and it's soon destined to a big old pot with the rest of the ingredients for a big pot of Chili.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mine was simple.

Some Italian sausage mixed with a bit of savory jellied onions stuffed into a roasted squash.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I roasted a chicken.
I shoved a whole onion up it's butt, then roasted it with more onions and carrots, rubbed with lemon pepper seasoning.
This was a big bird.
Basting uncovering , basting..
Delicious!

20181107_170236-768x768.jpg

20181107_184541.jpg

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
-- i'm not sure how i'm so teensy-- man, oh, man, have i eaten-- p'rogies (sauerkraut)-- a blessing-- leftovers, adult beverages beyond belief (my stepDad rocks), & pie, all kinds of food, yet i'm usually 100 lbs., then my pcp took that to 94/95 lbs, as my boots were on-- sigh-- they were winter ones~~

tonite, p'rogies~~ w/ butter/sour crème--

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my Mom took me to a nearby diner-- i got milk, potato/brown gravy & half a grilled cheese (its other half, my Mom took to my Step-Dad, & a meatloaf dinner, too, 4 his guy-appetite); my Mom got pork & kinda gave her bread an ignore signal-- she'd better not be lo-carbing-- she's as teensy as me!!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
dippy eggs..... if they're still to par (my eggs)-- dammit; no bread-- so, make that pabst & brie-- p'rogies ('kraut) (if i've got oomph to make 'em)---
don't judge; my neuropathy is not so well, so usually, special k is a treat--
especially when that foil on that milk lifts~~

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I made maple syrup mustard glazed salmon, with a curiously delicious cabbage salad on the side, that has black eyed peas, green onions, olive oil and parsley.

20181210_171842-768x768.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I made a nice macaroni carrot leek and pepper salad with fresh cut carrots sliced and chicken legs basting in bbq sauce. It was delicious. I do most of the cooking since I'm home most days. I enjoy cooking.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my Mom brought me dinner; 1 is-- dammit, i hafta look & see--

potato/gravy-- brown gravy, & a grilled cheese-- my Mom rocks; unless she gripes @ me-- then i'll tout my Golden Girls items~~

Bamby

Well it wasn't dinner but this morning I was in the mood for something different. So I was a considering and looked at the oatmeal and thought "why not". So I started out with milk and water and stirred in some coco until it smelled right and added a bit of sugar and salt and proceeded to cook as regular oatmeal. Anyway when it was ready it looked and smelled like no-bake cookies less a lot of sugar and it went down and tasted good. Will be preparing it this way again sometime...