• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker 1643RE

Aaron Tucker

I'm thinking about getting rid of my trooper and getting a 1643Re with the 6bt cummins and a 6 way blade. what do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_5975.jpg
    IMG_5975.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_5976.jpg
    IMG_5976.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 319
  • IMG_5978.jpg
    IMG_5978.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_5979.jpg
    IMG_5979.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_5980.jpg
    IMG_5980.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 333

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
That Cummins should be a great motor.

Looks big heavy and odd stance but never met a Tucker I didn’t like!

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not going to say I bleed orange, but the design simplicity and availability of parts for Tuckers is a big factor. That looks like a very nice setup; hauls more people (and probably more comfortably, too) six-way blade and a pretty big bed. What's not to like? I also like the rubber belts and grousers, as opposed to Terra tracks, due to the cost of Terra tracks should they get damaged.

My impression is that it's an older, cab forward style machine. How many hours, recent maintenance performed, condition of idler wheels, damper wheels, drive sprockets, etc? I recently priced those items from Tucker and they are substantially more expensive than I remember. Substantially!

That's also a big, and long, machine. I'm curious as to both the overall length and the weight. For a long time 1600 series carriers were asymmetric, with one end being longer than the other, and the long end was positioned away from the center of the machine. That Tucker's carriers look like they're symmetric, and yet there's a big gap between the front and rear tracks... indicating it's long.

Darn nice machine!!!

tatman

SUPER Site Supporter
Last of the narrow cab Tucker 2000's. Have never seen one with that big of a cab. I'll bet they didn't make very many like that. With a blade it will weigh in close to 16000 lbs and with 28" tracks might have some trouble staying on top. It looks to be in mint condition for a 25 year old cat.
However if you are going all the way to Oregon to look at it you might check out this one. Lots of power and wide tracks
www.mylittlesalesman.com/2010-tucker-sno-cat-2000d-38-6-snow-removal-equipment-9341181

Last edited:

Aaron Tucker

Last of the narrow cab Tucker 2000's. Have never seen one with that big of a cab. I'll bet they didn't make very many like that. With a blade it will weigh in close to 16000 lbs and with 28" tracks might have some trouble staying on top. It looks to be in mint condition for a 25 year old cat.
However if you are going all the way to Oregon to look at it you might check out this one. Lots of power and wide tracks
www.mylittlesalesman.com/2010-tucker-sno-cat-2000d-38-6-snow-removal-equipment-9341181

I cant see the link ?

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
Did some work for a power company that had a tucker like the one your looking at,can't remember anywhere we couldn't get to in that cat. It was after a large storm with snow over the tracks and they only needed the blade on side hills to cut a flat spot for the uphill track,AND loaded with climbing gear for 5 people and a replacement generator on the back. {But no stereo }