• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Star Trek series will feature a returning Patrick Steward as Capt Picard

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
In the timeline the series will apparently take place after Star Trek: The Next Generation. Its not going to be a continuation of T.N.G. but a new series that takes place at some point in time after T.N.G.

Sadly it appears that it will only be available on the CBS All Access pay/premium channel.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/star-trek-patrick-stewart-picard-cbs-all-access-1202895410/

and

https://twitter.com/SirPatStew/status/1025840545216823296

Here is part of the story, for the FULL story go to the first link above;

Sir Patrick Stewart will reprise the role of Capt. Jean-Luc Picard in a brand new “Star Trek” series on CBS All Access, Variety has learned.

The exact plot details are being kept mostly under wraps, though the series is said to tell the story of the next chapter of Picard’s life. That indicates that it will take place after the events of “Star Trek: The Next Generation” rather than being a prequel or reboot.

The untitled series hails from Alex Kurtzman, James Duff, Akiva Goldsman, Michael Chabon, and Kirsten Beyer. Kurtzman, Duff, Goldsman, and Chabon will also serve as executive producers on the series along with Stewart, Trevor Roth, Heather Kadin, and Rod Roddenberry. CBS Television Studios will produce. The new series does not currently have a premiere date.

“I will always be very proud to have been a part of ‘Star Trek: The Next Generation,’ but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with ‘Star Trek’ had run its natural course,” Stewart said. “It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over.”

“During these past years, it has been humbling to hear many stories about how ‘The Next Generation’ brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership,” he continued. “I feel I’m ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more.”

Stewart played Picard throughout “Next Generation’s” seven season run as well as in four “Star Trek” films. He is repped by ICM, Independent Talent Group, and Anonymous Content.

News of the series order comes less than two months after it was reported that CBS TV Studios was developing multiple shows set in the “Star Trek” universe. Other shows that were reported to be in development at that time include one set at Starfleet Academy from creators Stephanie Savage and Josh Schwartz as well as a limited series based around the “Wrath of Khan” story.

The studio also announced that they had signed Kurtzman to a new five-year overall deal that will see him supervise the expansion of CBS’ “Star Trek” franchise.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 12.37.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 12.37.26 PM.png
    230.8 KB · Views: 105

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey TR, there are only 2 things in this world that I hold as sacrosanct … the Constitution of the United States and Star Trek. Venture further at your peril. I'm only kidding … kinda.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey TR, there are only 2 things in this world that I hold as sacrosanct … the Constitution of the United States and Star Trek. Venture further at your peril. I'm only kidding … kinda.

Hahahahaha, yeah, there are many out there that enjoy these franchises. I have to admit there was a time I found Klingon women rather intriguing. Even that has passed now. :yum:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
Never like Picard, believe it or not I like the prequel "Enterprise."
It kind of explained more of what happened and it kind of explained why people (like McCoy didn't like Vulcans.

But if they want a new Star Trek make it new not just a rehash with the same characters.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was a fan of Deep Space 9, which was contemporary to The Next Generation and also to Voyager. Really enjoyed the prequel Enterprise too, sadly it didn't last long enough.