• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SW Question #6 Hose Routing and Bosses

W30bob

Hi Guys,

The pic below is of the right side of the driver's compartment. The two bosses circled in white are for attaching two "J" shaped pieces of flat bar that holds the hoses against the side wall. There was one of these bars installed, so I assume a second is used in the other boss. But I don't know what the 4 bosses circled in red are for? The seem pretty substantial. Anybody know what was supposed to go there?

Also, although uncircled, if you look in the upper right of the pic in front of the black rag is a small bracket with a hole in it. It's only on this side of the compartment with nothing on the other side. Anybody know what this bracket is for? Maybe a seatbelt mounting point? ?????

thanks,
bob

Attachments

• SW Question #6 Hose Routing and Bosses.jpg
    SW Question #6 Hose Routing and Bosses.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 216

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
So the workers “getter done”

Attachments

• 5A3FF3C4-54C1-42DF-B57F-6632726A9654.jpeg
    5A3FF3C4-54C1-42DF-B57F-6632726A9654.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 158

W30bob

It actually took me a few seconds to get that.......ya got me! I think I figured it out. I found a pic of one of these sidewalk plows and it had the battery mounted where those bosses are. The bosses don't stick out as far as those that hold the hoses against the side wall, so they're not for that. Also, my firewall goes right between those bosses and has a large section of the wall missing in that area. I thought someone might have cut that section out, but maybe it was never there in the first place.......which would support the battery theory. I'll keep digging.

Regards,
Bob

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It actually took me a few seconds to get that.......ya got me! I think I figured it out. I found a pic of one of these sidewalk plows and it had the battery mounted where those bosses are. The bosses don't stick out as far as those that hold the hoses against the side wall, so they're not for that. Also, my firewall goes right between those bosses and has a large section of the wall missing in that area. I thought someone might have cut that section out, but maybe it was never there in the first place.......which would support the battery theory. I'll keep digging.

Regards,
Bob

I’ll look next week at some of mine, I know some of the newer ones had the hydraulic valve mounted on the side. Those were in the 80s models

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Non of mine have those. Checked 5,on some of the later 1985 model SW48 the
Hydraulic valve is mounted right side tunnel position