• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

frozen pipes

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
my toilet won't flush. i poured a gallon of h2o in twice, & nothing. i checked its flapper, & that ought be replaced, tho that functions properly, yet. i hesitate to dial my landlord, as my tub is frozen again, too. then he would be here half my evening, & u cannot put lipstick on & change when someone's in your lady's room. so~

marchplumber

Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that! I am sure that the landlord can get it fixed. Possible the make-up and others can be applied in a different location? That way he can fix his building?

God bless,
Tony

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i have a 1-bath; tho could primp in a living room, if need be....... although he/they incessantly leave, return, then leave, leaving me to get my stuff done on their schedule.

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Luvs, do you bathroom look like....

Attachments

• Funny-My-Bathroom-In-Winter-Jokes-MEME-2014.jpg
    Funny-My-Bathroom-In-Winter-Jokes-MEME-2014.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 116

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
thanx; haha- i ran a bath & my toilet tank began to run. fer a few, i was conviced it was gonna overflow & was poised fer action in .5 seconds, tho toilet was okay. now my tub is blocked, again- sigh.

rlk

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Luvs, with the tub & toilet freezing, that bathroom would be too cold for me to use.

If there is a heating vent in the room you might want to raise the thermostat at night. Also, if there are cabinet or closet doors in front of the drain pipes, leave those doors open. Leaving the bath entry door open will help get more heat into the room.

If there is not a heating vent in the bath, consider using a portable electric heater or even a light bulb placed close to the pipes that are freezing. Try to get one of the old type light bulbs - florescent and LED lights don't produce much heat.

Another thought: on the really cold nights - fill the tub with hot water and leave it there until morning.

Is there insulation in the exterior walls and floor? If not, your landlord should add it.

Bob