• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Member Here

gyoung

Just wanted to say Hello to you people and give a short intro of myself.

I'm just a 72 year old young'n that is still using a Muskeg at my camp for timber hauling. Presently live in central NYS and got my 1976 Bombardier Muskeg S carrier a couple of years ago and must admit it is my personal best liked toy. You can see it on U-Tube,
just put in "1976 Bombardier Muskeg S carrier" to see it.

Now, it needs TLC, you know tracks, wheel bearings, rewiring,and other routine maintenance projects. From what i've read so far this forum should help me a great deal in many ways.

I also dabble in Steam Engines at home. Have a couple of running engines and presently in the midst of building a 1/2 scale Case Steam Tractor to play around with. Central New York near Syracuse isn't a bad place to live, but being at my camp near Saranac Lake, NY is my preferred habitat.

I also play around with Black Powder firearms, both rifles and pistols in percussion cap and flintlock. Got a small collection of those which have been used either hunting or competitive target shooting. Also have a few 45-70 black powder cartridge rifles and pistol that are used for target shooting.

Well that's enough about me for now.
Hopefully I can contribute to some of your Forum topics.
Gene

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think your going to fit in with us crazies just fine.

Anyone with the snow cat bug is OK by me! :clap:

Your talents are on track, with building steam engines. Machine tools are always a plus!!

And the guns are a big part of this to. Many shooters own snow cats, go figure.. :unsure:

Coyote's around here are getting an education about Snow Trac's here anyway... :wink:

Regards, Kirk

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Welcome to the most awesome part of the internet! Glad you joined us. :)