• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
My feet were screaming when I got home last night.
My work schedule is going to be heavy.
The only day I have off between now and next Wednesday is this coming Friday.

No word from Ty as yet on how things are going.
He did post a video of the first car he pulled on his personal FB page yesterday.

The weather is lovely this morning.
Got a cool 61° breeze blowing through the front window.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So today I was left behind at home to deal with the carpet cleaning service, the dogs, to do some paperwork, and other misc drudgery.

In comes a phone call from the lovely Mrs_Bob who is at our flip out and wants to install some baseboards. One of my power Mitre saws is in front of her, as well as a piece of baseboard. She asks how to set the saw. We go around-and-around with what I believe she needs to do. She questions it over-and-over again. I finally ask, "you do have the piece of baseboard pressed up against the vertical fence in along the back of the cutting area ... and it is positioned so that you will make the cut vertically through the board?" And the reply: 'Uh... no. The board is laying FLAT. Oh, OH!!! NOW I SEE.'

:thumbup:

It was getting to the point that I was questioning myself on how to make a 45-degree cut on a piece of baseboard.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, we are headed back to the work cabin today until Sunday. I bought a 1/2 hp. pressure pump to install as well as the hot water side of things with a filter and a tee to drain the system in the winter which means another trip under the cabin. Then test everything and move on to adding the insulation and interior plywood. I won't get that far but it sounds good. Full report with pictures upon my return. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Feeling fine and dandy!
Great shift last night, very busy.
I treated our unit to pizza, which was grabbed a slice at a time and eaten in the supply room lol

Talked to Ty last night as he was pigging out at Whataburger.
He said it's not nearly as bad there this time around, but he's having a ball.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Absolutely no plans today so I made a trip down to the dark side to pick up some packages at the border then returned home to do some puttering around the garage to get organized for a scout camp tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Snaps from sonny boy.
Didn't know he took the flatbed.

20190926_165604.jpg

20190926_165616-540x765.jpg

Screenshot_20190926-165703_Gallery-540x960.jpg

I'm up early doors as I've got a busy day ahead.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Running like crazy getting 4 kids and myself ready for a scout camp. Sleeping in tents this weekend.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Building a simple 4' X 16' treated lumber deck for the lake RV.
Framed up with ground contact 2X6's all put together with screws.

It will sit directly on the gravel. A few shims to get it level.

All I have to do at the lake is slide it off the trailer, and scoot it into place.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Finally getting some time to relax.
I spent hella $$$ @ Chief's supermarket.
Just went down every aisle and threw it in.

It's been pouring down since 4pm.
Not like I have anywhere to go!
:mrgreen:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Building a simple 4' X 16' treated lumber deck for the lake RV.
Framed up with ground contact 2X6's all put together with screws.

It will sit directly on the gravel. A few shims to get it level.

All I have to do at the lake is slide it off the trailer, and scoot it into place.
We did similar to that for our camp site. 16x16 deck on short posts directly on the dirt with 2x6 treated frame and 16ft deck boards covering it. I did the same thing for the outdoor kitchen except it's 10x10 attached to the big deck.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Been up since 5:30 am drinking coffee and cooking breakfast.
That's as far as I've gotten so far..
Truthfully I could go back to sleep until it's time to go to work.
:smileywac

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi All I returned from the work cabin yesterday afternoon, I was able to get the pressure pump installed along with the hot water tank to all fixtures. Tested system and then drained it out as the weather turned cold and froze outside including the water valves on Friday night. Saturday night it even snowed a little but didn't stick on the road and I was happy for that as I was in the 2X truck. The weather is suppose to warm up again at least for the next 10 days. Last year I was driving there until around Thanksgiving before the first snow. Must be global warming. Marty

Attachments

• IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 110

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Good day to ya.
It's going to be a warm one today (90°) for this October 1.
Then my favourite fall weather is arriving at last!
Got tomorrow off and have a table being delivered around 4.
I cancelled my furniture order at George's.
It's taking them forever to get my stuff, they are expensive as heck anyhow.
I'm going to Ashley Home store in Defiance for whatever else I need.

Ty is coming back to Ohio soon.
I figured he would.
It's not as bad as they'd originally thought.
Just as well, Maddie cries for him every day.

Here's a pic of him in his hotel room eating carry out from a bbq stand. Lol

20191001_073003.jpg

Ross 650

Site Supporter
Good old Southern health food topped by a Big Red!!!!! Dont get much better than that!!!! Have a goodun!!!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We did similar to that for our camp site. 16x16 deck on short posts directly on the dirt with 2x6 treated frame and 16ft deck boards covering it. I did the same thing for the outdoor kitchen except it's 10x10 attached to the big deck.

I will be building two 6' X 8' decks to attach to the one in place now. They will easily fit on my flatbed trailer. At the camp site I will join them to make a 12'X8' deck for the BBQ and picnic table.

Mine have no posts but sit on concrete pavers.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I will be building two 6' X 8' decks to attach to the one in place now. They will easily fit on my flatbed trailer. At the camp site I will join them to make a 12'X8' deck for the BBQ and picnic table.

Mine have no posts but sit on concrete pavers.
That's what I should have done. 2 sections 8x16. But I had it built 3 years ago not long after I was injured so the guys I hired to build it did it with full length 16ft.
8bb2a37f35bb6087ab10e5044917cbd7.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got a migraine, sore feet and a busy day ahead.. well later this afternoon anyway.
Lollie is grumpy, but basically happy today.
:hide:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Uh oh. We better behave. If momma is grumpy. Everyone else is grumpy. [emoji39]

I decided to go hunting this morning. As I'm still learning the roads around here out in the woods, I ended up turned around and came out 20 miles away from the truck. Thankfully I had an extra can of gas in the back of the side by side. After 2 hours of zigzagging around every bush road in the area, I made it back to the truck. I was supposed to be back by noon. When I didn't return, my wife notified the police. They were organizing a search and rescue when I finally reached cell service and got ahold of the wife to call off the dogs. Lol

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Uh oh. We better behave. If momma is grumpy. Everyone else is grumpy. [emoji39]

I decided to go hunting this morning. As I'm still learning the roads around here out in the woods, I ended up turned around and came out 20 miles away from the truck. Thankfully I had an extra can of gas in the back of the side by side. After 2 hours of zigzagging around every bush road in the area, I made it back to the truck. I was supposed to be back by noon. When I didn't return, my wife notified the police. They were organizing a search and rescue when I finally reached cell service and got ahold of the wife to call off the dogs. Lol

it doesn't hurt to shake them up once in a while. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
After the headache from hell subsided, I finally got the place looking like home and made dinner.
That gorgeous little white table came from an estate sale.
20191002_182904-768x768.jpg

20191002_174207-768x768.jpg

20191002_184858-768x768.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Looks good pg

Well. It's a crappy weather day. My wife is off to Minneapolis for the weekend. The kids are in school. That leaves me at home with the dogs all day. I plan on tackling the house garage to get it organized. It's been a catch all since we moved in and with the colder weather upon us, I need to start thinking about storing things in there.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Foggy here this morning!

Working my shift.
The powers that be wanted me to do another 12.
Nope!
Love the job, won't kill myself and become Ms. Reliable.

There is going to be a Polka Fest there for the public, I'll have that grub for my dinner.

rugerman

Rough day at dialysis, at one time my blood pressure dropped to 70/40, I felt like I was going to pass out, took a big drink of cold water and they shot me some fluid thru my fistula and they got my bp up to 90/60, I still feel washed out but I did make my goal for today. Day of rest tomorrow then back on Saturday, I am feeling somewhat better, I could maybe out wrestle a anemic 1 year old right now.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all, went to the field this morning looked at a couple jobs got back around 11 am. The last piece of the motor puzzle showed up ( cam ) so I removed the rockers pushrods and existing cam its new but computer profile 114 degree lsa with a carburetor it would idle very smooth but not make much power where I need it. New comps cam hyd. roller 220 degree @.050 and 110 degree lsa with intake centerline @108 degrees should make very good power from 1500-5000 rpm around 350 hp and 425 tq idle will be choppy but its a 4 speed. I had to shim all of the rocker pedestals .050 to get the lifter preload down to .020 I will finish assembling tomorrow ( intake, carb, oil pump, oil pan, timing cover, valve covers, balancer , flywheel with clutch )and put it in on Saturday and have it going Sunday. I will post pics. tomorrow I'm tired. Marty

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I like the table. you obviously have good tastes and I'm betting the food tastes good as well.

If only,,, I were a year younger and single:thumb:

I've always preferred being a minimalist with home decor.
Can't say the same for what usually lands on my plate.
:smile:

Yesterday we had that polka fest at work.
Great time and fabulous food.
They even had draft horses to give wagon rides.

Working again today.
I've got the weekend off except for a 4hr p/u on Sunday evening... says Ms. Reliable.

Ty is on his way home.
He's taking a different route back to see some sights.
Last I heard he was checking into a rest stop on 55 near Jackson, Mississippi.

Status
Not open for further replies.