• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Carter 1bbl carb replacement?

atchisvw

Looking for suggestions on a replacement carb for my tired old Carter single barrel on my 1964 440 AC. Thoughts? Cheers.

atchisvw

I have taken your advice and rebuilt my B&B. Can you advise on a starting point for the mixture adjustment screw for initial tuning? Thanks

IMP

Site Supporter
Starting points for adjusting the idle mixture screw I've read about said to start at 1.5 turns out from the bottom. However I found my sweet spot at 3/4 turn out from bottom using a vacuum gauge and tachometer. Tightening the screw makes the mixture leaner but that adjustment is only for running at idle. A nonadjustable jet is what controls the fuel mixture during normal operating range