• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB: who sells bombi waterpumps?

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
my pump is leaking and I been all over town looking for one. It is the 4 cyl ford 1.6 L industrial engine 1979 model 2274E
I am about ready to rebuild it myself.
Jim

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: who sells bombi waterpumps?

Jim, contact some of the Ford engine suppliers. I think the 1.6 Industrial engine was an English Ford engine (adapted from the Ford Angelina???).

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Thanks,done that today.I was at ford,ford commercial division,ford industrial importer and napa. I have a pinto one on the way but I dont think it will work. one corner may have to be machined off for it to fit.
I may have to pull the seal and bearings out and try to find them.I have the shop and equipment but not much on skill.
Tires are next on my list.I hope they are easier to find.
Jim

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

thanks and I may get some of the tires soon. I have large weather cracks on some that really don't look good to me.jim

snotrans

Jim, the tires on the Bombi you bought from me are foam filled and will last along time. How ever I have a lot of new tires and rims for the Bombi in stock if you do want to replace them at dealer cost let me know, as you bought the machine from us and this is our policy to sell at cost for our customers machines

swamper

Jim, the tires on the Bombi you bought from me are foam filled and will last along time. How ever I have a lot of new tires and rims for the Bombi in stock if you do want to replace them at dealer cost let me know, as you bought the machine from us and this is our policy to sell at cost for our customers machines

Jim, if tires are at cost, are bad water pumps free..........

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Woops, I checked the air and added some. Hope I didn't screw them up.
pinto water pump works good but made of cast steel not aluminum . the old one started to leak when it got hot. Easy fix.
Jim

Last edited:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Bill
I checked this morning by pulling a valve core. I remember you said they had foam when I picked it up. I was going over it and noticed air in them . So I just assumed they had only air. Sorry but should have trusted you. I didn't think they would have both. Jim

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

heifers like it.
bombi81609006.jpg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

they didn't last long.I went maybe 5 min. the first time out and one went flat.
bombipix.jpg