• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Straight cuts on plywood solved.

JimR

Charter Member
I picked up this used Makita portable table saw stand and extension table set today for $50.00. I don't know about the rest of you guys. I have trouble cutting straight lines on full sheets of plywood because of their size. Hopefully this will cure my problems. If not, I'll sell it and find another way to cure my problem. One thing nice about this unit is that it breaks down and folds up for storage. The rear extension can hook on anywhere along the backside.

Attachments

• DSC00544.JPG
    DSC00544.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 62

Glenn9643

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've got a Bies. fence with 52" rails and an extension table on my cabinet saw, with plenty of outfeed table. I still find it easier to clamp a straightedge to a full sheet of plywood and cut it with a skillsaw than try to handle the bulk of the plywood sheet in most cases.

JimR

Charter Member
My problem is having something big enough to hold a full sheet of plywood flat. I bought this for one specific boat project that is coming up next year sometime. I am going to rebuild the sub floors on my 22 foot boat. I think this will come in real handy for that. I don't do very well in perfect cuts on floppy sheets of plywood, even with a board clamped to it. I'm really hoping this will aid me in my cuts.