• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Midwest Cat Clowder in Michigan Feb 6 & 7

Bait Guy

Since I haven't been there before, reserve me a spot outside near a outlet just in case it is cold, also I am staying at the resort, so it would be handy instead of loading up all the time. How much snow is there right now? (Jan 18)

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have switched my lodging to the ski hill,

Between the skiing offer and the vintage weekend it only seems logical to reduce the busy-ness of moving around.

Here's to snow catting to and from the neighbors house.

cootbruce

I thought I would post the activites planned for Feb 7 at the ski resort. Please see the attachment. This is an informal event...please don't get the impression that this is anything but a fun event. We do need some structure when at the resort, as big snow cats and skiers don't mix well when on the hill at the same time.......But....Please understand this structure is only for a sense of timing, direction and safety.......

Thanks, I hope to see you.... as redsqwrl would say......"at the clowder in the powder...."

Bruce

Attachments

• clowder.jpg
    clowder.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 338

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Finally made reservations at the Big Powder horn for the event. Will be fun to park the ST at the door and drive from there...

I was told more snow coming up there this week.

Regards, Kirk

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
still planning on being there with one machine, sounds like a great event, see you all soon, tuckerville

Looking forward to finally meeting those of you from tuckerville. :whistling:

Interesting bunch, I feel.:biggrin:

As always it is nice to be able to put faces on the names here!:flowers:

As a side note, the temps in Michigan maybe on the cold side. Looking like single digits for the high temp of the day.

Regards, Kirk

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ill bump an update on Sunday night.
Until then:
lodging is getting tight at the St Germain grooming event, if you have the test driving of new two and four track equipment on your radar, call ahead to RSVP for the reception Wednesday Night.

Our trail riding incorporates some Not-maintained forest roads. we are viewed as snow tractors in the eyes of the MI land managers. Slow Moving Vehicle signs are warranted as a courtesy. as there most likely will not be any cars on unplowed roads..... don't drill any unnecessary holes (same as last year)

undy

Wahoo!! Lots of stuff going on at home, but it looks like I'm going to be able to attend, maybe with some buddies.

I should get up there Friday. Hopefully Big Powderhorn lives up to it's name and we get a big dump! :snow2_smi:

The cat's stayin' home, but I'll bring the fat skis and powder cords, just in case...:w00t2:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, hey... is it time to start the excitement?
Groomer Show
Is anyone else going to the St Germain Grooming event?
There is a social there, Make sure you preregister. www.arrowheadgroomers.com/show.htm

Saturday Show/Ski day

Anyone interested in a community Brunch type pot luck? I would assume we can host it in our Kitchen, or even right down near the show and shine?

Ill be attempting to balance out the tuckerness of the event by sporting some THIOKOL-esqe equipment.:biggrin:

Mike

Kristi Kt-4

I will be at the St. Germain grooming event on Wednesday.... I am in on the potluck for the show on Saturday.

The Friday trail ride will have hot dogs provided or if you want something special bring it along. If everybody brings a dish or something to pass we will have plenty of food.

We would like to invite the moderators/admin of Forums Forums to join us for the event. If you come on up we will make it worth your while to be here.... if it wasn't for you guys and the forum we wouldn't be having this event. So regardless, THANK YOU! :flowers:

cootbruce

I have invited Bill Cox from Prinoth to attend the Clowder and folks from Track, Inc with Tucker, both are going to try to make it. While at the St. Germain show...please feel free to invite any reps to attend, and for that matter, invite anyone there to attend.....We are looking forward to a great event...( now if it would only snow!!) there is roughly two feet of snow on the ground ( the woods) with areas and drifts near four feet. Even if we don't get any add'l snow, there is plenty for riding.

If anyone wants to go out in one of our groomers at night, let me know, we have three machines out every night and could hook you up with a ride on Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, and even Sunday night if you are still here. Contact me at bruce@bigpowderhorn.net

Everyone have a safe trip up here!

Bruce

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks again Bruce. I have offered a machine for Connie (from Snow grooming magazine) to use. I believe she intends to capture daytime and night time photos of the event.
was hoping to get on the hill Friday to catch a sunset as she is departing saturday during the day.

I reached out to Dave Carew He worked at LMC/DMC and is a deep well of info, He declined but he thinks he supplied a model 3700 to BPH Years ago. I was hoping he could present at the dinner. ( I will inquire again ) He is my goto parts look/up and advice guy.

I can get some Kromers at cost if anyone is interested? Attendees Google *Stormy Kromer* patented in part with my Great Grandpa in Kaukauna WI and now produced in the ironwood MI. *made in the usa*

Mike

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Lil update.

Spoke with Bruce, there is a chance a Bison MAY make an appearance.
1)
I will encourage last years participants to assume the role of event ambassadors. We need to park in the lot east of where we were last year. Look for a 4X4 van or a pair of long box super duties. One maroon, one blueish greyish
2) we need to capture a list of clowder participants, The hill needs to know who we are for the correct rental rates and what not. I will put one of my adult children on a sign in/up list, again it will be a living document that will reside in a White 4x4 van.

PM for a cell number of one of the ambassadors, call when you are on your final approach to Iron Wood.

Excitement is building at the Thiokol compound.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Really looking forward to this event!

Anyone know what the weather is predicted to be like? Low temps would be nice to know about before hand. By low I mean lower than zero...

I will arrive late on Wednesday. See you all there.

Regards, Kirk

undy

I got this from John Dee.com:
5-10 DAY FORECAST:

By later Friday and the weekend, a clipper looks to track far enough to the north to impact the Northwoods with some snows. At this point it looks like most totals will be in the 2-5” range with that event, with some enhancement from the lakes boosting totals by several inches.

Things look to then quiet down in most of the region for the early part of next week, with a bit of LES possible in the UP and NWL MI snow belts.

Temps look to run average to a bit above for the weekend and first half of next week, with the freeze line creeping into northern sections of IA, IL, IN and OH or possibly even southern MN, WI and lower MI.

http://www.johndee.com

Kristi Kt-4

It looks like Wednesday will be the coldest according to NOAA...
Tuesday-A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 14. Wind chill values between -5 and 5. West wind around 5 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Tuesday Night-Snow showers, mainly after midnight. Low around 3. Wind chill values between -10 and zero. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Wednesday-Snow showers. Steady temperature around 3. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
Wednesday Night-Snow showers before midnight. Low around -7. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Thursday-Mostly sunny, with a high near 14.
Thursday Night-Mostly cloudy, with a low around 6.
Friday-Mostly cloudy, with a high near 24.
Friday Night-A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 12.
Saturday-A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 17.
Saturday Night-A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 5.
Sunday-A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 17.

cootbruce

I just got off the phone with Bill Cox of Prinoth....he is snowed in out east and does not think he can get here....he is making an effort though....so we may yet see him here....however, he did say a Bison is on its way over here for the show. We expect to see it on Thursday!! The guys at Prinoth are great to deal with and they recognize the passion we all have for keeping our old machines running. We will be providing rides in the Bison and our other machines, which include a 350, 275 and MP.

I can't say enough about the effort Bill and Prinoth has made to support this event.

Just a few days away now......"Clowder in the Powder!" ( at least we hope to see some powder......) forecast is calling for 1-3" both Friday and Saturday.

Please! Everyone drive safe and we will see you at Powderhorn this week.

Bruce

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
I just got off the phone with Bill Cox of Prinoth....he is snowed in out east and does not think he can get here....he is making an effort though....so we may yet see him here....however, he did say a Bison is on its way over here for the show. We expect to see it on Thursday!! The guys at Prinoth are great to deal with and they recognize the passion we all have for keeping our old machines running. We will be providing rides in the Bison and our other machines, which include a 350, 275 and MP.

I can't say enough about the effort Bill and Prinoth has made to support this event.

Just a few days away now......"Clowder in the Powder!" ( at least we hope to see some powder......) forecast is calling for 1-3" both Friday and Saturday.

Please! Everyone drive safe and we will see you at Powderhorn this week.

Bruce

Sweet !:clap: looking forward the photos ugg work I cant go...

Kristi Kt-4

The view from Copper Peak on the Cats Clowder ride!

Attachments

• 1423244204907.jpg
    1423244204907.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 327
  • 1423244222086.jpg
    1423244222086.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 327

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
you all be careful the curse of Big Al is alive and well. now that he has his magic wand he is getting revenge for all the krusty jokes

Kristi Kt-4

That is a Kristi slide.... There was a Kt-4 spotted today! Also a Tucker cake that is going to be ate up in a lil bit. :clap:

Attachments

• 20150207_184440.jpg
    20150207_184440.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 293
  • 20150207_160835.jpg
    20150207_160835.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 292

undy

I got back at midnight from the Clowder. WOW. What a fantastic time, and I didn't even get to stay 'til the end.

I met a bunch of fellow members, saw a Kristi in person (although in all fairness, it was not moving :sad: ), skied Powderhorn Mt. for the first time in at least a decade, and got to ride in a brand new Prinoth Bison .

Mostly, a huge thanks for Bruce (Cootbruce) for providing a venue. Powderhorn Mt. was fantastic. I was very impressed with their new expert runs. It seemed that every single employee there was happy to be there, which not every ski area can claim. We didn't have fresh snow, but the conditions were excellent.

That Bison was friggin' incredible (thanks for the ride Curt and Goat!). From the air-ride Recaro driver's seat, to the killer lighting, to the heated windows, to the apparently unstoppable engine, :wow: Just unreal.

Huge thanks to Mike (Redsquirrel) for his efforts in putting this together, and again, thanks to Bruce for hosting. Awesome time.

cootbruce

Thank you everyone who attended the Clowder. I had a great time! ( but now maybe I can get some sleep...too many late nights in the Caribou bar for me....!) All I hear is good comments from my staff and our guests regarding how neat it was to see your machines.
I think the age range in our group was 7-70. Looks like the passion for old equipment will live on with future generations.

Thanks again everyone

Bruce

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I am not sure on the height of the ski jump. But Copper peak is its name.

Interesting notes from a rider on the (friday day time) trail ride. Robert and Rob

it sways 7-8 inches in the winds off of lake superior.
it is host to ski sailing as opposed to ski jumping.
Its elevator only goes part way due to the expansion of the steel.
it host snow mobile hill climbs (and they can make it up!)

these snow machines were putting on a show that caught the attention of our guest. she is in front snapping photos, and a FF member was exposing the merits and commonalities of over the snow travel...

Look for more photos to come of their abilities.

Attachments

• DSC02187 (Small).JPG
    DSC02187 (Small).JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 254

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
In an effort to feed the members who could not make it some photos,,,

T
I think the age range in our group was 7-70. Looks like the passion for old equipment will live on with future generations.

Thanks again everyone

Bruce

The winners of the little Tucker award were 4 and 8!
Despite suffering from perma-grin, They sat in the back of the 3 series Tucker and really handled the days of catting in stride. ALL the kids were quick with a thank you or hug and the most polite.

In case you don't know perma grin is a permanent smile everyone seemed to have a case of it.

Attachments

• DSC02181 (Small).JPG
    DSC02181 (Small).JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC02282 (Small).JPG
    DSC02282 (Small).JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 254