• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Lyndon's old J5 lives again

akimp

After redoing the axle bearings and seals and the pinion bearings and seals, new sprockets the J5 takes its first trip into the Talkeetna mountains. Very impressive in the swamps but sucks on rocky trails. I miscalculated on my creek crossing causing a walk out to get a handiman jack. With extensive digging, jacking with trees jammed under the tracks the machine crawled out. The J5 pulled my trailer and king quad across the swamps with ease. Fuel pump failed getting out and had to go back in the morning with a new fuel pump but was impressed with the machine. The only problem i have in the noise coming from the diff in at high speed. Not sure if I got the back lash correct when I got it back to together. I'm sure it will be fine during hunting season then i will pull it out and get it rebuild this winter.

The lake is the view from my cabin in the mountains.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 196
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 191
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 193

akimp

J5 Bombardier i was told to make a huge roller on the nose so when this happens the machine will not dig in. Once the front hit the creek soft ground and heavy matting prevented forward movement. I love your machines.