• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Another Snowcat video...

nikos

Hey Nikson
I like SO MUCH your Videos with the DMC in the episode with the serries of your life, us much i like the video with the others SNOWCATS owners
Great adventure with the 4X4 in the snow.
I think you may have to make, another logo for the winter adventures - Nixon's Exploration. Nikson Overland Adventures. Think about it.
Nice to see the DMC running in the snow trails.

Regards Nikos

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Nikson
I like SO MUCH your Videos with the DMC in the episode with the serries of your life, us much i like the video with the others SNOWCATS owners
Great adventure with the 4X4 in the snow.
I think you may have to make, another logo for the winter adventures - Nixon's Exploration. Nikson Overland Adventures. Think about it.
Nice to see the DMC running in the snow trails.

Regards Nikos

Thanks Nikos,

Just trying to figure out the whole thing on how to do this video editing,

I'm far from being "good" at editing or recording for that matter, just gather whatever content I could from anyone wanted to share,

So basically - what you see is what I get... :)

LOL

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
great video. Looking forward to the next episode "lamb roast".

I love the snowcat it is incredible.:clap::clap::clap:

Lamb roast was excellent - didnt get too much video coverage as I wanted, but it was hard being the "organizer" of the event, having to control everything, and at the same time recording it all...

I think its time I invest some $$$ into some video equipment... :)

p.s. had a great campout with lots of good video last weekend, althou not on the cat, but still in the snow... :) That video series will be next...

nikos

Lamb roast was excellent - didnt get too much video coverage as I wanted, but it was hard being the "organizer" of the event, having to control everything, and at the same time recording it all...

I think its time I invest some $$$ into some video equipment... :)

Nikson
There are cases where we are arranged everything in our minds.
But we can not check out- and manage everything, because all of these thoughts are too private. Nick we know, what you can see, through the lens of your camera, and what do you want to make to see, as an impart information or as a reference point.

You are a director, an Artist with your Cameras (exept of driving,) Ok.
But Is very hard that there is nobody to help you ( to see the things, like in your way) Everyone is happy, and have fun, or drive in the snow, and always the photographer, must be in any place to take pictures. (the right view, the plans, the angle camera, the light, etc)
I think you dont need any equintment, I think you need to take place some photographic, and art director lessons, for the other parts of the team.
Probably after this, they take part us much us posible, with their cameras, in these very interesting activities in the snow.
I watched the video several times, i think, you have plenty of time to contol, and makes the things Next year, in your Way.

regards Nikos

nikos

The photographer always behind the point of view.

Everyone relaxing after the ride, looking and chatting with each other and they don't realize the uniqueness of the moment. The ST4 and the 4X4s in the trail. Only a "director" has the right to find the real meaning of this photo.
Everything happened so fast, you have the camera, you have the only one chance to take that pictures.
BUT if i didnt take that pictures, probaply i couldnt remember that meeting in that snow ride, with the guys with the 4X4.
The only problem is that Iam not in that pictures.

So Nik you are not the only one with that kind of problem.
How many times my wife, she takes some photos, in way only to press the button. She takes pictures but there is not any kind of consciousness.

Regards Nikos

Attachments

• DSC01868.JPG
    DSC01868.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 372
  • DSC01874.JPG
    DSC01874.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 370
grrrrrr. Nik, great vid, got me all worked up over the little bit we're getting with the current storm. It's not the March Miracle, but maybe we'll get the April Avalanche. I'm probably going to have to go catting' around on 14" this weekend instead of the usual 6-8', but it's better than dirtdust.

nikos

Nikson

Sometimes when watching your video, I am thinking that you need extra help from your team.
Your Videos, the images, are great, excellent, ......the photos the best.
Everyone Knows, that you are an artist in what you are doing.
But you need extra help,.... only to present your project from the different views - options ect. Your recent video, or the video work in the Jamporre, is an extra inspiration for some guys in F.F. An extra chance to play with a toy in the snow, with some other multimedia toys.
Next year im thinking to bring with me, some guys that hate the snow, BUT they are, the best in what they are doing.
They are ART lovers in photographer like you are, and also they working on multimedia application - video art ect.

Nik i Like so much your videos. Thats the true.
All your videos, have the real point of view, in what you are thinking about your project, and what you can do with that.

Regards Nikos

akmountaineer

Great video, thanks for posting. Did you determine why the track broke? Too much tension, or loose hinge bolts cutting into the track perhaps? They looked to be in great shape, so I'm curious as to what the cause was so I can inspect the point of failure on my own 1450.

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Great video, thanks for posting. Did you determine why the track broke? Too much tension, or loose hinge bolts cutting into the track perhaps? They looked to be in great shape, so I'm curious as to what the cause was so I can inspect the point of failure on my own 1450.

Thanks to all for positive comments...

On my videos - you see it how it is - I dont say much behind the "camera" - it is recorded as it goes, since I usually only get one chance to say it with the same emotion of excitement of that EXACT moment, otherwise its Hollywood & not exactly real...

The great winter wonderland conditions are at times like "hollywood graphics" - unbelievably beautiful, but thats the point of our machines...

As far as the track - its pretty simple -

Seemed like the lacing/connection was too close to the end of the actual belting, followed by the hardpack snow & a hard left turn that I was coming into when it happened...

and to mix that all up with the fact that the actual LACING/connection of the belt ended up being right at the worst spot - front idler - where the most strain came to be right at that moment.

As a buddy of mine said - it was like winning a lottery - once in a lifetime chance of all of those things coming together at that same moment...

so - we learn as we live - I will definitely strengthen my belting during the summer rebuild - as well as keep in mind that turning in hardpack is just too much for belting at the times... :)

:clap::clap::clap::whistling::whistling::whistling:

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks for the video,only got two days in the cat this year,so at least I got to go along with you and see a snowcat actually in the snow! Looks like you guys have a great time! :unsure: