• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Japanese Schools

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
No clue if this is true or BS ...I can say I lke the concept but do think testing / exams are a way to find out if what you are teaching is taking. If Japanese do not give exams I wonder how else they ensure the students are grasping the concepts being taught.

Attachments

• JapaneseSchools.jpg
    JapaneseSchools.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 191

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure if that is true either.

But they (used to, and I think still do) require the kids to help clean & maintain the school. Clean the rooms, sweep the floors, was the windows, etc.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
No clue if this is true or BS ...I can say I lke the concept but do think testing / exams are a way to find out if what you are teaching is taking. If Japanese do not give exams I wonder how else they ensure the students are grasping the concepts being taught.

I think that is an internet story. Most probably if there are no tests it's because 1 - 3 concentrate on the basics. There is not much need for testing when teaching the basics. The morals, ethics, etc, are taught at home.

I found this:

https://www.ericdigests.org/2002-2/japanese.htm

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure if that is true either.

But they (used to, and I think still do) require the kids to help clean & maintain the school. Clean the rooms, sweep the floors, was the windows, etc.
I think that would be a step in the right direction. I went to Catholic schools, and in grade school and middle school we helped with basic classroom stuff. Cleaning the boards, erasers and helping the sister / teacher. We did not sweep the floors of the classroom or hallway though. We also had to wear uniforms. Clip on ties for the boys. LOL Looking back on it, it seems like a good experiance overall but to this day I avoid wearing a tie at all costs.