• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

The Coolest Reactions Your Science Teacher Never Showed You In School

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Very cool Doc thanks for the link.

My Highschool chem teacher put way to much zinc into a beaker with hydrocloric acid in it and corked it off with a glass vent tube to concentrate the stream of hydorgen gas coming off... But the vent was too small and enough preasure built up that the beaker exploded, sending acid and glass through out the room. Several students were hit with the glass shards. Thankfully the acid didn't make it very far, and the teacher had on an apron to protect his abdomen...

Could have been lots worse than it turned out to be....

Regards, Kirk

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
When I was in High School - Brother Rice -a Jesuit Brother institution, I was told about a violent reaction when sodium hits water. Sodium as I remember it was kept in the locked room and was sort of soft and brown. A teaspoonful size and me and water...........

They should not have told me about that.

Nor the wet white phosphorous drying out trick.

Hey, it was chemistry class and we were all about experiments, right?

I was met with the "Board of Education" a few times as a result of my chemistry episodes.

Kane

When I was in High School - Brother Rice -a Jesuit Brother institution, I was told about a violent reaction when sodium hits water. Sodium as I remember it was kept in the locked room and was sort of soft and brown. A teaspoonful size and me and water...........

They should not have told me about that.

Nor the wet white phosphorous drying out trick.

Hey, it was chemistry class and we were all about experiments, right?

I was met with the "Board of Education" a few times as a result of my chemistry episodes.
Same here. Still have the deep, ugly scars on my legs from my efforts to create life in the chem lab. If the caustic chemical eruption had spewed who-knows-what onto my bod just little bit higher, I wouldn't have been blessed with my two sons ... or any children for that matter.