• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Political Quiz Q6

End "corporate welfare." No government handouts to business

• Agree

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Disagree

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Agreed.

I'm sure there are some service based industries someone might argue need help for national security or whatever, but I'd rather go cold turkey and let business return to survival of the fittest.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
If your business can't survive without corperate welfare, it should die or be run differently. It's all about the political corruption of the "permanent ruling class" we have here in the US.

IE: Kennedy, Obey, Bush, -, insert your favorite "more than two termer" here.

OkeeDon

Corporate welfare is primarily caused by conservative business interests. Of course, corporations should receive no more help than Cadillar Welfare Queens. Corporate welfare and laws designed to aid corporations financially are at the root of the exportation of our jobs and industry.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Don, why does it have to be only Conservatives' business interests? I could make a list of porque-barrel money spent by our own Senator Kohl that is long as your arm. He's a limousine liberal if ever there was one. Senator Kennedy has never done this either, has he? Feinstein? Rangle?

It goes both ways equally well. This will continue until there is a constitutional amendment calling for term limits on

***ALL ELECTED POSITIONS***

OkeeDon

Pork spending is different than corporate welfare. Pork spending is what gets politicians reelected back in their district. Corporate welfare is repayment for PAC contributions. Most corporations support conservatives more than liberals; most conservatives will choose business interests over national interests. For example, the Bush administration has done a marvelous job of soltening environmental requirements so businesses can spend less and make more. No liberal would do that.

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Wanna take a wager on that?

Pork is as much spent on companies as it is 'public' works. Maybe my definition of pork spending is different than yours, but both sides play this card, "liberally". Kennedy has no business interests he 'helps'? Feistein? Obey (WI's 30 year corrupt-congressman) ?

Yup, all of the above do as well as Bush.

OkeeDon

Agreed, but the question was about corporate welfare, not pork. Besides, I'm against both corporate welfare AND pork, and I don't give a rat's patootie who's guilty.