• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tookie Watch -- Part Two? -or- The icing on the cake?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
My friend Rico304 was too shy to post this so I am doing it for him. I guess he figured it was not appropriate for a police officer to post poetry? The other fellas in blue might think he is getting soft if they knew he was reciting poetry. :whistle:

Twas the night before Christmas and all through San Quentin, the crips were protesting, and liberals were ventin'.

The cyanide hung by the chamber with care, in hopes that the reaper soon would be there.

The inmates were nestled all snug in their bed ; except for Old Tookie, who soon would be dead.

And me with my beer mug, dressed warm in my flannel, had curled up to watch it, on the Fox News Channel.

I set up my TIVO to record the news station, and thoroughly loved the momentous occasion.

It seemed lady justice had gotten her way, and that there would be one less savage today.

When outside the jail there arose such a clatter, the cameras had turned to see what was the matter.

When what to my civilized eyes did appear, but a lineup of actors, all liberal, some a bit queer.

The misguided freaks drew some curious looks, as they proclaimed his innocence; clutching his books.

The tears then flew out from Sarandon's eyes, as she nominated him again for the Nobel Peace Prize.

The actors were tethered to an ACLU sleigh, all towing the line of the urban decay.

On Asner, on Penn, on liberal cop-haters, On Sharpton, on Jesse and other race-baiters.

Then at 3:01 all curled up like a beetle, Tookie cried like a bitch as they gave him the needle.

When up from the actors there arose such a cry, they had failed in their mission, and Tookie DID DIE !!

I heard Bill O'Reilly say, as I turned out my light, Merry Christmas to all ... there was justice tonight !!

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
I almost wonder if this belongs in the Discussion and Debate Forum, because there are people that are for capital punishment and there are those that are not. Let the debate begin..... I am skipping town and not going to be reading much further..... I won't take sides. I will be a good moderator and behave.... :whistle:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well I thought about putting it into Debate & Discussion, but there was already a thread over there that went into the issue of capital punishment and specifically about this guy.

I didn't want to drail that thread, although it has gone inactive, and this poem is certainly intended to make light of a serious subject . . . and perhaps make people think too.

JayC

Huh?
Great poem! :applause: Giving that social scum the needle was way to easy. I say they should have done him in the same way he did those innocent people. I am glad he's gone and Arnold did the right thing by denying his clemency. This guy never expressed remorse for the people he killed. The only crimes he ever expressed any form of remorse was for those with which he was never convicted. He never helped law enforcement with trying to get other crips members. He was always uncooperative. He was never a changed man. I think he was using children's books as a way to try and get out of his punishment. I say good riddens.:batterUp:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
JayC said:
............... This guy never expressed remorse for the people he killed. The only crimes he ever expressed any form of remorse was for those with which he was never convicted. He never helped law enforcement with trying to get other crips members. He was always uncooperative. He was never a changed man. I think he was using children's books as a way to try and get out of his punishment. I say good riddens.:batterUp:

He always professed his innocents in the killings, saying that he was wrongly convicted. As for helping law enforcement trying to get other Crips members, my guess is that he saw that as they would be "railroaded" just like he believed that he was. If he were to co-operate with law enforcement, his life would have ended at the end of a shank in the prison yard. Life on the inside isn't as easy as one might think. On the street, if there are 1000 people, you only need fear 1 or 2. In prison you have to fear 100% of those around you.

HarryG

All are free to have their own opinions. Me? I've seen many like him in the South Bronx where I grew up. He was a dirtbag with no morals or pity. You can believe his upbringing made him that way but many, many others had just as hard life as him and didn't take the easy route. We all have choices.
Been there, done that.

JayC

Huh?
I was going to make a referecnce to a post in a thread on another site I go to, but couldn't because the site was down. It is back up. Here is the post in general from that thread:

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] 1. On February 28, 1979, Stanley "Tookie" Williams and three other men drove in two cars to a 7-Eleven store in the city of Whittier, California, a suburb southeast of downtown Los Angeles. The lone clerk on duty at the time was 26-year-old Albert Owens, who was sweeping the store's parking lot when the men arrived. Owens apparently believed the men to be legitimate customers, for he put down his broom and dust pan and followed them into the store. The store clerk did everything Williams asked, offering no resistance when the 300-pound gangster shoved the shotgun into his back and ordered: "Shut the F* up and keep walking." Williams forced the clerk into the store's stockroom at gunpoint & ordered to lie down. Williams fired a shotgun blast into the store's security monitor. Then, though Owens had offered no resistance at all, Williams fired two blasts into the man's back, killing him. When an accomplice asked Williams why he had shot Owens, Williams explained that he didn't want to leave any witnesses. The accomplice would also later testify that Williams told him he killed Owens "because he was white and he was killing all white people." He also later joked about the "girggling" noises his victim made while he lay dying, "You should have heard the way he sounded when I shot him."

2. Less than two weeks later, at about five in the morning on March 11, Williams went to the Brookhaven Motel at 10411 South Vermont Avenue, less than a ten-minute drive due east from Los Angeles International Airport. Williams acted alone in robbing the motel owned by the Yang family. A muscle-bound weightlifter who liked to smoke PCP, Williams broke down the motel office door and shotgunned to death 76-year-old Tsai-Shai Yang, his 63-year-old wife, and the couple's 43-year old daughter. Williams told friends about this crime in some detail, saying that in his next robbery, he would "blow them away just like I blew them Buddaheads away." As in the Owens killing, the murder weapon was a 12-gauge shotgun.

3. In March 1981 a jury convicted him of all four murders and also found true the "special circumstances" that under California law exposed him to the death penalty, to wit, multiple murders and murder committed during the act of robbery. The jury recommended the death penalty, and on April 15, 1981, the trial judge did in fact sentence Williams to death.

4. The gang that he co-founded, the crips, are suspected of involvement in many of the 750 gang murders in L.A. last year... not to mention all the dope dealing and pimping

5. Even the ultra-liberal 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals could find no cause to overturn Williams' murder conviction and/or death sentence.

6. Democrats praise the shotgun-wielding gangbanger because in 1993, Williams agreed to appear in a videotape endorsing a truce between Los Angeles gangs and has since produced anti-violence books for children. This delights Democrats like California Assemblyman Mark Leno, who wrote a newspaper column lauding Williams for his "redemptive efforts to steer kids away from violence." (These "redemptive efforts" were so successful that Williams' son Tookie Jr. joined the Crips and then joined his father in prison, convicted for the 1994 murder of a 20-year-old woman.)

7. Williams has never admitted to or has taken responsibility for his crimes, instead blaming "a white-dominated society" that he says "brainwashed" him into becoming a gangster. He fiercely maintains the Crip code of non-cooperation with law enforcement, and his admirers have praised him for "not snitching." No one can doubt Tookie's hatred of "snitching." Shortly after his 1979 murder arrest, Williams plotted to kill an accomplice in the convenience store robbery who was prepared to testify against him.
[/font]

If you want to read the whole thread from the site here is the link:

http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/forums/topic.ten-id-415366-s-tookie_bites_the_dust