• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

601 rear end

darryl

Some of the restore pics of the 601's that are on this site the machines have a different type rear end as the one mine has.My machine has the 2 drive shafts running back.Did these machines come original with the single drive shaft and different type rear end?What would the difference be in steering them and what would be the better way to go.I would like to put an auto trans in mine and I dont think I can with the set up I have.What would it be worth to switch over to the single drive shaft and different rear end?What would be envolved in swaping it over?

mtncrawler

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Even though they look alot alike you have an earlier, different machine. Your Trackmaster is a 4T2 not a 601. The twin driveshaft 4VL style drivetrain is factory for your machine. The tracks are diffferent too, the 4T2 has straight grouser bars with bolt on tire guides where the 601 has drop center grousers. Look at Brian Vails Cat, I think it is a converted 4T10 with a Bombardiar diff.

Last edited: