• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Gift ideas. What do you want for Christmas?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
If I need something I usually buy it. Easy peezy.

Now kids and wife are asking for gift ideas. I've resisted but then they spend their money on stuff I don't want or need. So then one of us has to return the item etc etc etc. No fun for anyone.

So I'm trying to come up with $20, $50 and $100+ price point gifts.

I did come up with Gold Toe quarter height white socks and a logitech wireless mouse (I bought a cheaper brand and it's flakey ..should have stuck with logitech).

So, I'm looking for ideas for gadgets or stuff you are asking for as I might add to my list.

Ideas please.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Easy for me. 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor with all the bells and whistles. :yum:

Just kidding. Tempting, but too much depreciation and a bad financial move.

Seriously, I think I need a good quality but relatively small meat slicer.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Easy for me. 2019 Ford Ranger Raptor with all the bells and whistles. :yum:

Just kidding. Tempting, but too much depreciation and a bad financial move.

Seriously, I think I need a good quality but relatively small meat slicer.
Yeah, I can relate TR. i can come up with BIG extravagant type of gifts ...but we all know that is not in the cards. Cheaper gifts that are useful and something you need are hard to come up with. I don't want another tie or a sweater or clothes at all. I buy my own. Good idea for the meat slicer but I have what I need in that regard. Thx.

Any ideas for neat little gadgets?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Yeah, I can relate TR. i can come up with BIG extravagant type of gifts ...but we all know that is not in the cards. Cheaper gifts that are useful and something you need are hard to come up with. I don't want another tie or a sweater or clothes at all. I buy my own. Good idea for the meat slicer but I have what I need in that regard. Thx.

Any ideas for neat little gadgets?

Yep. Every man needs a good quality tactical flashlight. Invaluable. Here is the one I have on my wish list.

https://www.amazon.com/Klarus-Upgra...-Flashlight/dp/B01LW1R4E6?tag=flashguide08-20

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't want or need a thing, but saying that always falls on deaf ears.
The kids and grands are getting a nice gift each, and gift cards.
Last Christmas was crazy! Lol

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Stuff I'd like without getting into the crazy-expensive category? More 5.56 ammo (both green-tip and soft point) and a few more Magpul 30 round magazines. Or, maybe more Hornady 9mm Honey Badger defensive rounds.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
well, surely, to see my family, pals, to imbibe & be merry-- got a bubble-gum pink oldies teensy oven via my best guy-pal--
my Mom drops me by a mall, i'll black Friday shop until i'm near-fainting, then we'll see, as i'll ferget items i've gotten-- dehydration due to slugging adult beverages in restrooms drains me-- so i'll put items on hold, fully-paid-- they haven't got buggies, so-- well, last black Friday, my dear joel drove into not-pgh. to hold onto my bags as i went on shopping-- he luvs his Stillers hoodie we gave him last Christmas-- anyhow, i've so many to shop 4, me inclusive; so~~ family/dinner/saying Grace/chit-chat/shopping/those i luv-- that's Thanksgiving turning into Christmas here, to us~~

Last edited:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
....& another desk- my desk is making odd noises on its hinges~~

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
For a gift in the $100 range, how about computer speakers or s TV sound bar.
I bought this set of Logitech computer speakers a few years back.
https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/speaker-system-z623

They're fantastic, especially considering the cost. I liked them so much, I bought another set for my office TV. They blow away the TV's speakers.

I recommended them to a friend and he bought a set. He really likes them as well. He puts them in a plastic milk crate and carries them outside for outdoor tunes. He uses his cell phone plugged into the speaker. I'm about 400' away from his place. Even at that distance, I can hear them loud and clear.

If you're looking for a Logitech mouse, consider the mouse/keyboard combo for under $20. I've been very happy with them.
Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo

Bamby

Why purchase just something for someone just to fill the gifting part of tradition when it may or may not be useful to the recipient. Here's where a person can add a personalized touch to something everyone would find useful.