• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Not for the squemish

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I was removing a dishwasher today for a customer and found that the sink base cabinet floor was all warped and the side wall next to the dishwasher was rotted and wet about 12" up from the floor. Turns out that the 2" drain line from the sink had broken inside the wall (no clue how that happened) just below the tee and above the floor. I have enough room to replace the damaged section of ABS and will open the hub in the tee to glue in the new pipe. Anyway, the adjacent cabinet had the same side wall damage so I cut it out and will replace it after the floor and wood all dry over the weekend. When I pulled off the sidewall section and bottom support of the cabinet, I found two of these spotted garden slugs attached to the particle board base. Thankfully the customer was in the other room, so I put the board & slug in my trash pail and skeedadled outside to put it in the trash can before she saw it. She's an uber clean freak, and if she saw those puppies she would have stroked out on me on the spot, I'm convinced of that. Just thought I'd share with you folks that these guys can get into your house if there is anywhere where moisture is present.

Snail.jpg

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
I see them guys all the time at home, gotta watch where I step when out at night (shoes? scroo dat!). I just leave 'em be, thay don't bother me none. Haven't found any inside, but the other night I spotted one on the outside wall of the bathroom. Sumbitch had to be over 8" in length just hangin out on the siding. Never seen one that big before.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
Interesting link, thanks. I don't see them as much of a pest, and from that info they don't seem to be, other than potentially harming our gardens or transmitting worms to a pet. They would be good in a compost area, like earthworms.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Interesting link, thanks. I don't see them as much of a pest, and from that info they don't seem to be, other than potentially harming our gardens or transmitting worms to a pet. They would be good in a compost area, like earthworms.

Yep, they are garden creatures, but not a welcome guest in someone's kitchen. Can you imagine seeing that when you open the cupboard door? Eeewwww...

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
LOL. Lith would freak. I'd just pluck him up and move him outside, then check for more, or eggs. Though I would probably be a little startled haha

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Hey, hold on a minute. I'm from Texas and everything is bigger in Texas but I've never seen one that size. :biggrin::biggrin:

My wife can handle tarantulas and scorpions getting in to the house but if she ever found one of those, she'd leave. :yum:

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I had something like that in a restaurant in Paris. They weren't bad in a garlic and butter sauce with a bottle of chilled white wine.:alc:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I had something like that in a restaurant in Paris. They weren't bad in a garlic and butter sauce with a bottle of chilled white wine.:alc:
Hopefully you ate SNAILS, and not SLUGS.:yum::yum: But...you never know is Paris. Did you go there intentionally, or were you kidnapped and taken there as a hostage?:yum:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I used to live in a 3 story home on the Maumee River in Defiance.
There were a few times after a flood -- we'd find those in the basement and on the walls.
--shudders.. ick!