• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Glass backsplash

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, it took quite a bit longer than expected. My granite guy never did this type of work before, and I told him it was ok to take his time. Came out perfect.
The only issue is I thought white electrical devices would be ok for the gray backsplash, but nope, they look real bad. So, I have to go buy some light gray devices and covers. Granite guy is also going to jet out some covers to see how they would look as trim.
I need to take some pix at night with different led colors for y'all too. Once I get the devices and covers changed to gray.

Attachments

• 100_3424 (Small).JPG
    100_3424 (Small).JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_3426 (Small).JPG
    100_3426 (Small).JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_3427 (Small).JPG
    100_3427 (Small).JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_3428 (Small).JPG
    100_3428 (Small).JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 35

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
That looks great as well as being much easier to keep clean . I never have heard of that being done before but I like the concept. :wink:

Hopefully you'll share how the technique that was used , cutting , attaching ECT.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Glass is 1/4" thick. My granite guy has a water-jet machine. He laid out the glass, programed the machine, cut the glass out, sent the glass to another local for tempering. It was his first attempt at this type of work, so we sorta worked together and both learned how to do this.

I bought "Glass Primer" company product for the paint. They will mix any color Sherwin-Williams paint into their product. It is a two part etching epoxy, and man does it stink (or smell great considering your view). I bought a gallon of it, and what you see used up about 1/4 of that gallon. The Glass Primer people were a real help too. They kept saying clean the glass first! The paint goes on the back side, and is as tough as nails when cured.

He spent hours cleaning the glass to make sure there were no hidden smudges permanently covered over with paint.

I am going to do our master bath shower stall the same way, same color. Two walls will simply be 2 sheets of painted glass.

Attached to the wall with silicone around the edges on the wall, and a small strip of ss bent, drilled, and attached to the underside of the cabinets, and a silicone bead run along the counter-top.

http://www.glasspaint.com/

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Glass is 1/4" thick. My granite guy has a water-jet machine. He laid out the glass, programed the machine, cut the glass out, sent the glass to another local for tempering. It was his first attempt at this type of work, so we sorta worked together and both learned how to do this.

I bought "Glass Primer" company product for the paint. They will mix any color Sherwin-Williams paint into their product. It is a two part etching epoxy, and man does it stink (or smell great considering your view). I bought a gallon of it, and what you see used up about 1/4 of that gallon. The Glass Primer people were a real help too. They kept saying clean the glass first! The paint goes on the back side, and is as tough as nails when cured.

He spent hours cleaning the glass to make sure there were no hidden smudges permanently covered over with paint.

I am going to do our master bath shower stall the same way, same color. Two walls will simply be 2 sheets of painted glass.

Attached to the wall with silicone around the edges on the wall, and a small strip of ss bent, drilled, and attached to the underside of the cabinets, and a silicone bead run along the counter-top.

http://www.glasspaint.com/
Very interesting procedure and outcome, thanks for the added info. Thats really going to enhance the looks with the different colors of lighting used too . :smile:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Very nice job. I have the same granite in my kitchen. We also opted to not use a backsplash so we could bring the tile splash down to the surface. I sell granite jobs, and since I did mine w/o the splash, I have not sold a backsplash since. I show pics of mine and people love that look. It makes the kitchen look bigger when you expose the full 18" under the cabinets. I'm going to do the LED's in m y kitchen this Winter. I've been installing them for customers, but just never got around to doing mine.