• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Is it up?

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Your Christmas tree....that is?

I hear of people around town that already have their trees up. That's way too early for me. Mine will be up the first week of December.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have seen a few up already. Way to early. I didn't eve know trees.would last this long without starting to look dried out. Ours will go up early this year. Maybe a week or so before and only because we inherited a fake tree last year.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
I drove by a house that not only had the tree in the window, but a full house full of yard decorations and house lights. I was like WTF?
Way too early. But I figured maybe they have a weird calender. After Thanksgiving is the normal time to put up Christmas lights and stuff.

kitty

i usually put mine up day after thanksgiving butt.....i HATE our tree its way too big!im thinking i need a smaller one.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I passed by one house in town this evening.
It's THEM, the same them who always have to be first with the tree and Christmas decorations. lol
They live in a large Victorian home and are of 'old money' around here.
You know the types..
Anyway.. I can't wait to see the spectacular display, which should be lighting up the entire east end of town, say.. tomorrow night?
Looks like freaking Vegas if you drive down 3rd street.

As for myself, the tree will go up probably Thanksgiving weekend.
Thinking about buying a live one this year.. screw the needles and mess.
I love the smell.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I never thought of a real tree of course i'd prolly kill it by forgetting to water it lol!
I've lived in this place for 7 years Hope and have had two live ones.
The first year, it died and became a sadder version of Charlie Browns tree.
The next one stayed nice until around mid December, then I feared lighting it up for fear it would light my house up.:smileywac
I was trimming the trunk myself and apparently doing something wrong.
This year, who knows?
No matter what tree I have, Gretchen doesn't leave it alone.
When she was a puppy, she'd pee on the tree skirt, or tear it out from under and go running across the room with it, or play with the decorations I had on the bottom branches.
Now that she's older.. she just sits on the back of my legs as I trim the lower branches, then sniffs around it.:biggrin:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
WE have not bothered with a tree for about 5 years now. The wife puts out other decorations and I do have a bunch of outside lights but it is so much work.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
I never thought of a real tree of course i'd prolly kill it by forgetting to water it lol!

Isn't it dead once you cut it?:unsure:
Or do they live for a while after?
I don't honestly know. Just wondering.:clap:
We have never had a real one, so I don't know.:hammer:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Way to early for our house. We normally put it up 2 weeks before Christmas and are happy to take it down shorty after the new year comes in.
We'll have to do a thread showing off our Christmas decorations as we get into the spirt of the season.

jwstewar

The inside decorations aren't started yet. Probably the weekend after Thanksgiving. I did start some of the outside decorations this past weekend while the weather was nice. Didn't get as much done after I rode the ladder down the side of house and planted my knees on the sidewalk and my face in the mulch. But I'm done with the ladder part of the work now. Had I gotten the outside lights finished, they wouldn't be lit until Thanksgiving evening at the earliest. I'll probably try to finish the outside this weekend. Depends upon if the hospital ends up sending Dad home or not and if he does come home, what his care will require.

BTW, other than a few scratches and bruises, I think I may have broken one toe on my little ride of the ladder.:ermm:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
Just took ours down in April, if it was going up already, might as well left it up.

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
2 weeks before Christmas and not before for me......and when i do i want the fun of doing this :yum::yum::yum:

Attachments

• Xmas tree.jpg
    Xmas tree.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 134
  • Big tree, little car.jpg
    Big tree, little car.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Big tree.jpg
    Big tree.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 132

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, it took some convincing and a bit of manual labor but I finally got it up today. I figure I'm gonna be busy the next few weekends so I might as well get the inside done. I have to head to the city for an overnight trip tomorrow for work. I may take a look around for more outdoor stuff since the selection here is very limited.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not the tree but the weather was pretty reasonable so the outdoor lights were hung from the gutters before the rain started. They will NOT be turned on until after Thanksgiving.

i usually put mine up day after thanksgiving butt.....i HATE our tree its way too big!im thinking i need a smaller one.
Our tradition is to put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving too. We use an artificial tree, its 10' tall. I also think its too big, but my wife says otherwise.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
The lights will most likely go up outside later this week. I shoulda got my a$$ in gear last week and got them up. We're in a bit of a snowstorm today. Second one this week. Supposed to be another 6-8 inches tomorrow. Ah well, tradition sees me out there freezing my butt off every year putting up lights in a blizzard.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
It is now , the tree that is :biggrin: . My wife took 4 days off to do the decorating , its very important to her & most everything as far as decorations,ornaments, figurines were handmade either by us or her & her family while growing up & some are very old .

We dont do any outside decorating as Our place is set back off of the road & we dont care to be very visable to others anyway :shifty:

Tree went up last nite & the kids stopped by with the grandaughter for her first thanksgiving so it made a great thanksgiving . :biggrin:

Attachments

• PB250004.JPG
    PB250004.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 107
  • PB250010.JPG
    PB250010.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 115
  • PB250002.JPG
    PB250002.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 113
  • PB250003.JPG
    PB250003.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 111
  • PB250006.JPG
    PB250006.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 115

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Cute kid! tree is looking good. I am kicking around the idea of putting up a BIG upside down tree on the front porch so folks in Pa. can scratch their heads and wonder what the hell it is! I am thinking 28 Ft. made with lumber and lights on lattice. Might get crazy with the air nailer in a few days.:yum::yum::yum:

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Cute kid! tree is looking good. I am kicking around the idea of putting up a BIG upside down tree on the front porch so folks in Pa. can scratch their heads and wonder what the hell it is! I am thinking 28 Ft. made with lumber and lights on lattice. Might get crazy with the air nailer in a few days.:yum::yum::yum:
Thanks Bill , I actually seen an upside down tree advertised online the other day for inside the house . I agree your idea would be cool & unique for the outside :wink: But cant imagine why anyone would buy one for decoration inside :unsure: