• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

3 more days....

kitty

i cant believe only five more days till x mas.....what is everyone doing for x mas? i am staying home and cooking this year lol ill try and not burn the hous down:)

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Re: 5 more days....

I work christmas eve till 4:30pm. Get home at 5pm and straight to my aunts for supper and gifts. No other real plans since both my wife and I have to work throughout the holidays. I get x-mas day and the following monday off but that's it.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

This may be hard for some of you to get your head around but my wife and I have been invited to spend Christmas Eve with My ex wife and her whole extended family . We did this last year and had a wonderful time . Me and the ex put it(anger) all away many,many years ago . Its all water under the bridge now .:flowers:

I know it sounds nuts ,but we really do get along quite well .

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter

This may be hard for some of you to get your head around but my wife and I have been invited to spend Christmas Eve with My ex wife and her whole extended family . We did this last year and had a wonderful time . Me and the ex put it(anger) all away many,many years ago . Its all water under the bridge now .:flowers:

That's great! My brother divorced many years ago, and once their boys provided them with grandchildren, he and his ex became friends again, and enjoy their grandkids together frequently. They never remarried, but they say as long as they don't live together, they will continue to be friends.

We are having 12 of my wife's family for Christmas eve dinner, then 16 of my family on Christmas Day. It will be a nonstop food fest, and I'm glad the weather is very cold, so we can use the garage as a cooler.:biggrin:

kitty

That's great! My brother divorced many years ago, and once their boys provided them with grandchildren, he and his ex became friends again, and enjoy their grandkids together frequently. They never remarried, but they say as long as they don't live together, they will continue to be friends.

We are having 12 of my wife's family for Christmas eve dinner, then 16 of my family on Christmas Day. It will be a nonstop food fest, and I'm glad the weather is very cold, so we can use the garage as a cooler.:biggrin:
sounds fun

kitty

thats pretty cool :)

kitty

I work christmas eve till 4:30pm. Get home at 5pm and straight to my aunts for supper and gifts. No other real plans since both my wife and I have to work throughout the holidays. I get x-mas day and the following monday off but that's it.
i have xmas eve and xmas day off but i work new years eve the new years day so i will drink so i will have to drink enough wine this xmas to make up for new years:)

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter

I'm spending Christmas day with my ex. Neither of us have any other family and our dog is still alive.

At Thanksgiving I made dinner for the ex husband and an ex boyfriend. They go hunting together.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

I work Christmas eve but off Christmas day. Not even on call this year. :D
But still this is a very different Christmas for us this year. Our two grandbabies and their parents ( our two daughters along with both SIL's) made the trip home this weekend. We celebrated Christmas today with them. Now we'll exchange our gifts for each other and our son and his wife on Christmas day, but it sure won't be the same. We'll have a much smaller Christmas dinner with the 4 of us plus my mom and brother should be up for dinner. Very different for us all not to be together on the big day, but we'll make the best of it.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter

Very different for us all not to be together on the big day, but we'll make the best of it.

As the family grows, that will happen.

Christmas Eve will be my family's get together. I have to work that day, but we'll knock off early. My MIL will be here as well and spend the night, so it will just be the three of us Christmas Day.

benspawpaw

kitty, may i ask why you put xmas instesd of spelling out christmas. after all it is christ's birthday not x's not trying to get anything started or something like that i just wondered .

MERRY CHRISTMAS

kitty

kitty, may i ask why you put xmas instesd of spelling out christmas. after all it is christ's birthday not x's not trying to get anything started or something like that i just wondered .

MERRY CHRISTMAS
i know what day it is....thats how i always write it