• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New Snowcat Paintings

AdkSnowcat

Here's my '66 and '74. If anyone cares to see more I have others on my site: http://AdirondackSnowcatAndVintageTractor.com

66TuckerTeton2.JPG

74TuckerDeepPowderPainting2.JPG

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Very Nice :clap:

I liked the picture of haying the best. Your drawings are very good, too !!!!

AdkSnowcat

Thank you very much! Those are the first public compliments I have ever gotten. I'm still learning. Those are painted in a learning manner. That is, not really polished. It was cold there and the paint wouldn't flow quite right. And somehow the photos came out badly. I guess that is better than some of the others I did there though. The one tractor painting is done on a drop cloth! (Chinese canvas from Home Depot). Needed something quickly--it only has only one layer of gesso (surface prep), dried with a hair dryer and sanded with a power sander. Could have used a second coat of gesso. (And I don't think the teacher is ever going to talk to me again for not finishing the paintings his way. I guess they really need layers and layers of more paint. I just didn't want to paint over some of the pleasing colors--although some were just too daunting--like those Teton mountains! They really need to be lightened and blued. But I was losing the good shapes. If I do more I'll probably get better at it.)

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I like them. They look great and show the Tuckers in their natural environment. I could never make anything anyone would recognize with paint.

AdkSnowcat

Thanks very much!!! I may put a snowcat painting on ebay sometime (probably not one of my Tuckers though). Years ago I had good luck selling local landscapes there (landscapes are a piece of cake compared to snowcat and tractor paintings). Maybe I'll do some more work on my supposedly finished Snow Trac painting and put that out.

AdkSnowcat

Does anybody have a good snowcat photo (maybe deep-powder-snow action) that they wouldn't mind me using for a painting? Of the ten snowcat paintings I have done now only one was from an actual scene. The others were ideas from here or there. It is really hard to polish something that you can't really see. I also think about where could a snowcat painting actually hang. (My ex says no wife is going to permit one of these on a home wall.) Maybe if a painting was large it could fit on the wall of a ski area lodge somewhere. So I would like to try a larger painting. Eleven is a lucky number for me--maybe I'll paint something really catchy. Thanks!

northeastheavy

Have not forgotten some pictures!! Just need sunshine for some good pictures!! All we getting is more and more snow!!!! Gotta luv it!!