• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

mccall bound

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
bled brakes ,covered the windshield today and all ready for the 8 hr drive to McCall.
how about you??
jim
DSC00595.jpg

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
I must have run out of grease after greasing the rollers on the 443 and forgot about the trailer. I got to the unloading area 14 miles from the house and found I was missing the tire, wheel, and drum but the nut was still there. A couple of us drove the route back to the house but couldn't find the missing pieces, probably so hot it melted right through the snow and buried itself. I repacked the bearings and adjusted the brakes last year and must have got the nut a half-flat too tight. Just got back from Olympic trailer with a new complete 7K axle and hope to get it back together in a few days to load the 542 for the 8 hr trip From Winthrop. Hope to roll into McCall by 3pm Thursday.

730aaae504afed1c3f8a5e15bc553cf2.jpg

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
bled brakes ,covered the windshield today and all ready for the 8 hr drive to McCall.
how about you??
jim
DSC00595.jpg

I haul my ST backwards. No wind to pop the hood up, and lots less glass to worry about. Backing on the trailer is no problem either...

I also have a wall built around the front end of the trailer to keep road splash from getting all over the tracks and such.. Big help as well keeping the rock chips away.

Regards, Kirk

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I sure I could do better on the loading.
I brought two of those snowmobile extra tanks to show off. they slip right in behind the rail and lock. no straps needed. but won't work on your modified cat.
jim

PJL

That's the right rear isn't it? I have had 2 flats so far. Same location on the trailer. Right rear.

Mill666er

SUPER Site Supporter
That's the right rear isn't it? I have had 2 flats so far. Same location on the trailer. Right rear.

Yes, right rear. When I brought my 443 up from Sparks, NV I had a blow out on the left rear and didn't know it until someone said so at a traffic light. Not sure if it's bad mojo from the 443 or bad axle since I only have trailer problems when hauling tucker. This short trip was 7 miles on the highway with a pickup behind me all of the way so I don't believe it came off then. The other half of the trip was a county road that was in horrible condition and probably would not have noticed when it came off. The tire is partially captured up under the deck so the only way to come off the spindle was if the bottom kicked out first. I've got the new axle in and now replacing brakes and bearings on the front so everything is new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Stopped in at Salish Lodge for a couple nights on our way to McCall ID . The valet asked if we would park the Kristi KT7 in front of the lodge. The lot was full, so I asked where do you want me. He said I will move the Maserati and you can park there. Had to laugh ! Photos to follow

tatman

SUPER Site Supporter
Note to self ( get a smaller snocat for trips like this ) heading out this evening. I am worried about the tires on the trailer with all the weight. I did check the oil in the hubs on the trailer however. We have 4 mountain passes to pull. Hope to see you all there!!!!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Stopped in at Salish Lodge for a couple nights on our way to McCall ID . The valet asked if we would park the Kristi KT7 in front of the lodge. The lot was full, so I asked where do you want me. He said I will move the Maserati and you can park there. Had to laugh ! Photos to follow

on the trip home after picking up the KT3, I stayed at a no tell, Motel 6 and the the front desk asked if i would park the KT3 out front, they even moved a Ford Pinto to make room, the parking lot was empty, had to laugh...

PJL

A Kristi is far more rare than a Maserati.

On another note is there any way some of that Snocat brew could make it's way back to Washington for some poor guy that can't go?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
A Kristi is far more rare than a Maserati.

On another note is there any way some of that Snocat brew could make it's way back to Washington for some poor guy that can't go?

rather have the Maserati!!!

do you know how laws will be broken by bringing you, a member of law enforcement, beer. Only, and only if I get 100 "get out of Jail free cards", good in all 50 states...

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Kristi KT7 visiting Salish Lodge

Attachments

• IMG_2995.jpg
    IMG_2995.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2992.jpg
    IMG_2992.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_2994.jpg
    IMG_2994.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 157

PJL

rather have the Maserati!!!

do you know how laws will be broken by bringing you, a member of law enforcement, beer. Only, and only if I get 100 "get out of Jail free cards", good in all 50 states...

Where in my post does it say it's for me? :biggrin:

Mother Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
We're loaded up, heading out on 22nd. Going to dilly dally along see a buddy in Ritzville and be in McCall Thursday, happy trails.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I should show up in my lmtv, and see what they would move for me .when I stayed at the emerald they made me park it out back with the semi trucks

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I think before it gets shipped I may sneak down and tag that thing with florescent paint.

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I should show up in my lmtv, and see what they would move for me .when I stayed at the emerald they made me park it out back with the semi trucks

I'm envious! I've lusted after one of those, and come close to bidding a couple of times. Thus far I've successfully resisted the temptation!

The bottom line though is I can't find a reason to justify the purchase other than "I want one".