• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cleaning windows

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Whats the trick to this ? I've used windex ,invisible glass,and many other products . But I still can't get rid of the haze on the glass when the Sun is at a relatively shallow angle . It's making me crazy :)
What do You folks use ?

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
1 gallon of hot water, a couple of **DROPS** of dawn dish soap (just for lubrication of the squeegee), and a 1/4 cup of ammonia (to cut the oily dirt). Most of the streaking problems come from too much "stuff" in the cleaning solution. Use a good squeegee, not a towel, and wipe it off often.

(I got this recipe from a professional window cleaner who did all the huge picture windows of the car dealer where I worked)

:thumb:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
spiffywebcreations said:
Invisible glass and newspaper...

spray glass, wipe clean with a wadded up newspaper, then buff with a fresh wadded up newspaper
That's pretty much what I do except I use coffee filters for the final wipe.

kensfarm

Charter Member
SUPER Site Supporter
nixon said:
What do You folks use ?

The Wife! :yum:

Actually.. I don't think I've ever seen my better half do windows.. maybe the backdoor storm window to get all the animal paw & nose prints off.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
kensfarm said:
The Wife! :yum:

Actually.. I don't think I've ever seen my better half do windows.. maybe the backdoor storm window to get all the animal paw & nose prints off.

Funny Ken!

You don't see her do it cause your off golfing or fishing etc.... :D

I try to be gone, but have to see her do it on occasion. :)

P

Pigtails

Av8r3400 said:
1 gallon of hot water, a couple of **DROPS** of dawn dish soap (just for lubrication of the squeegee), and a 1/4 cup of ammonia (to cut the oily dirt). Most of the streaking problems come from too much "stuff" in the cleaning solution. Use a good squeegee, not a towel, and wipe it off often.

(I got this recipe from a professional window cleaner who did all the huge picture windows of the car dealer where I worked)

:thumb:

Yep, That's what I use too. Never did try the dawn dish soap with it though. I usually use 3 shop towels. One to wash with, One to wash the ammonia off with, and One very large one to dry it. :applause: